Chapter Twelve

KHALAN

  Khalan watched as everyone smiled down at his creation. Of course, they knew not to crowd around him being that he was still so young. So they took turns peeking into the car seat where Keil slept. Evelyn looked up at him from across the room and sent him a wink. In return, he gave a smile.

" When yall wedding my guy? " Chase smirked with a blue solo cup in his hands.

Khalan shoved his hands in the pockets of his sweat pants. " Ion even know bruh. I just feel like I cant give her what she needs from me right now. "

" I get that and all. Just dont wait too long. A good woman like my lil sis dont stay single for long. Handle this last problem we got with the business and step ya ass down. You got a family now. "

He nodded his head taking in what Chase just said. Truth be told. He had no reason to step down before. But now he does. Keil should be enough. The thing is. Khalan didn't want to leave with so many loose ends that could bite him in the ass in the long run. When he finally does give this shit up. It's going to be given up for good. Keil wouldn't know shit about this life when he gets older.  

"Speaking of business. Did you talk to sade? " Khalan whispered where only chase could hear him. He wiped his nose signaling for him to meet him in the office. Khalan searched the room seeing Evelyn talking to a coworker.

He took that moment to step away from the party. When he got there, Khalan made sure to lock the door behind him. " Ight so, she said that she met dude out in public somewhere. They began dating, from what she knew his name was Ricco. - "

" - Warren " Khalan finished. " Ricco Warren. I know of that nigga. He the son of old dude who used to run New York in the '80s. His pops got clocked for a murder charge that Qual set him up for. "

Qual is the kingpin that was in charge when they first got in the game. No one really knows what happened but the streets say. Big Warren and Qual used to be real tight as jits. Warren was the face as Qual became the right-hand man. Shit was good until Big started fucking people out they dope and they money. Qual finally put two and two together when he counted the books.

When Big Warren got confronted by Qual shit started going south. Eventually, Qual dipped and started doing his own thing. Taking Warren's clientele with him. Warren got word and declared a turf war. Qual wasn't the type to get his hands dirty. He also had brought the cops so it made everything easier when he sat Warren up.

" Qual was telling me bits and pieces of what went down before he was killed. He said that he tried to call a truce so many times with Warren but warren wouldn't let up. Qual said fuck all that friend shit when Warren killed his kids. The rest is history" Khalan explained. He understood where Qual came from with that. Cause about his son he will make the world blow.

" Damn. Now that you mention it. I remember hearing about a lil ric who was looking for Qual. I just thought my mans took care of that shit. " Chase said leaning against the wall.

" From what I know. Qual met up with him one time after that. Nobody heard about Ric again. What I want to know is. The fuck was he back for and how the hell did he manage to get tangled up with Sade in the first fucking place. "

" She said that once they started chilling at her house. He never wanted to go. His ass was in her kitchen cooking that shit. When she got off work one night. Getting high off of it. Forcing her to taste the shit as well. One time he was high. Sade heard him say. " they go pay " but she didn't know who he was talking about. " Chase started to get pissed at the thought of this motherfucka forcing his woman into some shit she didn't want any dealings with.

Khalan wanted to believe this was some asshole who started a gang just to fuck with people. But if it was Ricco Warren that Evelyn killed then they into some shit. The Warren family name goes way back for generations. Ain't no telling who the fuck with them. Anybody could be playing both sides.

They decided that they would look at all the options they had. Until then Khalan returned to the party. Keil was now woke crying. Evelyn rocked him gently trying to settle him down. He walked over to where they were. " Let me see him for a while. Go enjoy the party mommas "

" A-are you sure khalan? he just a little bit fussy is all. " She asked not wanting to throw the baby off on him.

He shook his head while taking his son from her arms. " Go, baby. " She blushed walking off. Khalan look down at Keil who was looking up at him. " You giving momma a hard time lil man? " He held him up to see if he needed to be changed.

" Your pamper good so what wrong my man? " Keil balled his little fist and laughed. " oh you think this shit funny huh? " Khalan settled for him just wanting to be held.

The rest of the day was filled with games and laughter. Kamoria finally got to see her nephew. She swore to protect him when Khalan wasn't around. Margie held him for a while taking in his features. " He looks just like you nephew! " She held him close smelling his neck.

All in all, Khalan was loving this. Seeing everybody together with good vibes. He told himself he could get used to this. Being a parent is something special. At this moment he could wrap his head around it. He really was a dad. He really had someone to live for. 

QUICK NOTE : At this exact moment I came up with book 3 plot so. Unfortunately this is the last book of Khalan and Evelyn's story. The next book will most definitely be a spin off !! Not sure how many chapters of this book it will be but I'm pushing for 20-30 at the most. 🥰