Chapter Eleven

E V E L Y N

The next few months flew by quickly, 8 to be exact. It's crazy how fast life goes by when you spend half of it at work. And the other half sneaking off. Me and Khalan were now closer than ever. As bad as we both tried to fight it. We eventually ended up spending all of our time together. It got so bad to the point that I now had a closet to myself in his room. As soon as I clocked out, I drove the 30-minute drive over there. To say the thrill wasn't exciting would be a lie.

I checked the date and realize that I haven't been home in 2 months. Thinking back, as soon as trey finished up with his project. They pushed him to another one. Forcing him to go to Japan to experience the modern technology that the states don't have. No lie. it hurt when he told me he would be gone for so long. But soon afterward I found myself in the arms of Khalan. Who hasn't admitted it to anyone. But I'm sure he likes me more than a fuck buddy. Just as much as I have grown to like him.

One day I got off of work and Kamoria was at the house. Watching " Loud House" on nickelodeon.

I squealed as I saw her puffball from the chair. Me her and Sade spent plenty of days out shopping. Getting our nails done. Having a ball. It was hard to say goodbye when Khalan told me it was time for her to go back with his aunt that I haven't met yet. Hopefully, I could soon. From what I hear she stood up and help raise them. She automatically had my respect as a woman.

Christmas then rolled around. I had vacation days at work so I took them for the holidays. It was a whole snowstorm in New York. So, Chase and Khalan planned a trip to somewhere warm. It was beyond beautiful. There was when Chase and Sade finally bumped monkeys. Making it official. Sade couldn't stop smiling from all the love that Chase was showing her. I was happy for my friend. Cause he was being the man he was supposed to be. Yeah, he spent his time in the streets but he was a whole different person when it came to sade. I love him for her. Luckily they were now a couple. So it was even easier to tease them.

Like all good things, the trip came to an end. They had to drag us from the plane though. We did not want to go home. I can't speak for sade. I knew I didn't want to go back to the reality of being unsure. Back to sneaking around. That was nobody's fault but mines so I couldn't be mad at anybody but myself.

New years came by quickly where we all brought in the year together. Champagne, great food, and music raged on until the countdown where me and Khalan kissed under the fireworks.

Valentine's day was spent at one of the most expensive hotels in the city, that night I was on the balcony screaming Khalan's name as I came for the hundredth time. Dont get me wrong, our sex was always great. But that night was different. The kisses were more tender. The words he whispered in my ear were sweeter than anything that he has ever told me. Chase made jokes that it was overdue for us to lock in but we both brushed it off. " We just friends. " Khalan laughed it off. In the back of my mind, I questioned " Were we really though?"

Small holidays were ordinary workdays.

Today was the first day of the march. But the cool winds outside still felt like mid-December. I had just walked into the house to a bored Sade. She was off today. Sade had just walked out of the kitchen with a glass of juice. " About time you off. I liked to died being here alone" She whined.

" Girl. We got backed up with late cases of the flu. " I scoffed at all the temperatures and throats I had to check from screaming kids.

" Damn. I know that sucks," she said as we walked back to the living room.

" You don't know half. " I sunk into the chair while kicking off my shoes. " Guess who called me today?"

" Who? Trey? "