Chapter Sixteen

E V E L Y N

   It took a while to come to terms with the lie I told. Eventually, everything finally fell into place and things seemed to be easier for me. Trey was ecstatic at the fact of us having a child. He didn't show his excitement until he asked me how I truly felt about it in regards to my mother. The compassion he showed made my heart melt. The fact that he was considerate of me and a choice. But it kinda shattered when he told me if I didn't want it. He would raise the child on his own. Being that he or his family didn't believe in abortion. In my mind that meant he would take the child and leave me. Killing my child didn't even cross my mind at all in the first place so that made it easier for us to talk about. The baby I mean, he wanted a little girl. to me, it didn't matter. As long as the baby is healthy.

When I got back from the doctor that day. He asked me how far along I was. I cursed myself for not thinking that far. Once the lies spilled from my lips they didn't stop. Even though I was six. I told him I was 2 instead. He said he did his research and from what he found the condom had to break. But I knew it wasn't from the condom that we used one time. It was from me being bent over on the balcony of that hotel. Screaming another man's name.

I agreed with him though and excused myself so I could eat and call Sade.

She picked up on the first ring. I told her the news. Sade didn't agree with what I chose to do. None of the less she still stood by me. In her words. I was making this worse on myself by not wanting to tell Khalan of the child at all. To have Trey believe it is his child. Like I told her it is too late to take back the lie I told. I knew I was playing a dangerous game. I knew this could potentially blow up in my face.

By now I knew my body like clockwork. I woke up right before my morning sickness started. I had my personal throw-up bucket with some water, a rag, and some saltines to ease the pain if I could. On cue, Trey walked into the living room where I was to assist me in the best way he could. I am more than grateful for his help. He gave me foot rubs after I came home from work. Helped me make of list of things that I couldn't eat this past month. The list goes on. More than I could ask for. Out of habit, I cuddled up on his chest as my stomach rumbled.

I breathed in his scent. Wishing it was Khalan's. Its been a while since I saw him. Yet I still craved everything about that damn man. " Thank you baby. " I said to trey as he moved my curls out of my face. This shit sucked. Every morning of me feeling like shit for 2 hours. " Anything for you and my little bean." He reached down to rub my stomach gently. I was showing a little. If you didn't know me. You couldn't tell that though.

When the pain stopped. I decided to shower and get dressed for my shift.

We had made the decision to tell people about our bundle of joy. My coworkers expressed their congratulations and words of encouragement. My manager took it upon himself to make my workload easier to keep the stress down. Today I was doing checkups. " Who do I have next?" I said, asking the receptionist as I rubbed my stomach. It had become a habit at this point. I do it so much that I don't even realize I do it.

" Um. I didn't get the chance to look over it. Here you go." she explained handing me the folder. I opened it and closed it placing it back on her desk. " Do you have anything else?" I asked hoping she would, unfortunately, she didn't. I cursed to no one in particular as I made my way to the room where Kamoria would be. Just as I expected. The guards stood outside her door. A group of nurses walked by eyeing them curiously as they went down the hall. Ion blame them for wondering why they are here either.