Chapter Two

E V E L Y N

" For fuck sakes Trey! I shouldn't keep getting disrespected by your moms. Imma need you to step up and say something. Defend me for once! I get that she doesn't like me. So that's fine at this point but the constant name-calling has to fucking stop!" Evelyn paced back and forth in their bedroom. Not long ago she had just hung up with her mother-in-law.

This whole thing started because knowing she would be giving birth soon. All she wanted to do was bury the hatchet with his people so that she would feel a little comfortable with the child around them. His mom basically said " Fuck you" to Evelyn's face.

They, well his mother belittled every single thing about her. From how she dressed to how she carried the baby. " Well, maybe you shouldn't wear what you wear around them then. Have more respect for yourself! "

Evelyn watched as he snatched the comforter off his body and got out of bed. " You never had a problem with the way I dressed before so where is this coming from." Trey ignored her and walked out of the room to try to get away. But Evelyn was right on his heels.

"There are a lot of problems I'm having with you, to be honest, Evelyn. But my love for you is the only reason why I kept my mouth shut. So, therefore, no I'm not saying anything to my mother who would always come before you anyways." He threw his hands up and sprawled out on the couch. Done with the conversation.

She looked at the man before her not knowing who the fuck he was right now. But one thing she wasn't about to do was keep trying with a person who didn't want to try to fix it. " Wow. If you have much built up animosity against me. Then leave! Matter of fact. Be out when I get back. "

Trey ignored her as she got her a little bag together. Truth be told she wanted to say forget it and snuggle up with him. But her pride wouldn't let her. All types of things were running in her mind at this point. Out of the blue, he just say that he had been feeling some type of way? He can carry his ass on the fuck out of here too.

The whole ride over she contemplated on what went wrong. Was it her? Was she trippen? Is it the hormones? Sade was expecting her arrival so when Evelyn pulled up she was outside in some lounging clothes.

Shutting the car off. She got out and walked inside the house behind her friend. Deep down, Evelyn wanted to see Khalan but he wasn't there. That's probably for the best. " We can go to the movie room," She said leading the way down the hall.

Evelyn remembered being here before. They just never used it. Sade excused herself to grab some snacks and covers so they could talk. Growing bored she pulled out her phone to scroll down social media. Something she hasn't been on in a while. Sade returned 10 minutes later with her hands full. " Oh shit girl. I didn't intend on grabbing all of this. "

Variety of candy, chips, and cookies laid out in front of them. Evelyn's mouth watered at the sight wanting to eat some of everything. " You good. " Sitting up waving her off, reaching for a bag of gummy worms. She moaned as the chewy candy eased her nerves. " What's been going on with you? " Evelyn asked stuffing her mouth.

The last time they saw each other was at Chili's. Where she had found out that Khalan's auntie was in town. Evelyn felt bad when she realized the truth. But fought with herself not to apologize for something she didn't know beforehand.

Sure she shouldn't have called the lady a bitch. But what's done is done." Girl nothing much. Waiting for my teetee baby to get here " Sade squealed.

Evelyn loved that her friend was happy for her as she went through this pregnancy. A lot of women didn't have that. So she would forever be grateful for her best friend. " Im so ready to see what I'm having sade. "