Chapter Seventeen

Khalan 

The sound of the bullets falling to the concrete floor was like music to my ears as I shot the grimey nigga in front of me. Stupid fuck. Now was not the time to fuck with a nigga. My mind was everywhere since I saw my shorty at the hospital. She carrying a child now. A child that I have a feeling that is mine. Like the shit doesn't add up at all. Her boyfriend has just come back to town. From what I know about him.

He is one of those religious people. So I knew he always wrapped it up. Normally I would too, but me and shorty never wrapped up.. Aye, I know for sure I bussed in shorty too.

" Damn nigga, he dead. The fuck do you keep shooting em for?" Chase said from the door. I looked back to see him leaning on it with a blunt in his mouth. I shook my head as I looked around at the mess I made. The gun skidded to the side as I tossed it on the table. Chase ducked and moved. " Watch ight with that shit bruh."

" Oh damn. My bad. " I said walking out the room. I nodded to my guards signaling them to clean the body up. I could hear chase footsteps behind me. " Nigga where you been at, I ain't seen ya ass in a few days. "

" My lady wanted to take a weekend trip. So I made the shit happen. " He said as we walked into the kitchen. I sat at the table as he went straight to the fridge. He opened it and pulled out bottled water and some fruit. I cocked my eyebrow at his choice of snacks. He turned his head to the side while smacking his teeth. " What nigga. All in my face dawg. " I ducked as he tossed a grape at me.

" Nigga eating healthy now " I laughed. He walked over and sat across from me. " ha ha ha nigga you real fucking funny. " he said dryly. We bust out laughing.

" What I missed bruh. " he asked taking a swig of his water. Once the laughter settled down.

I waved him off as I stretched my arms. " Shorty pregnant. " I admitted rubbing my waves.

He began choking on his grape. " Damn. You got a child on the way."

" Man, she talking bout it aint mine. "

" That's cap"

" Exactly bruh. I know that's my child. I'm praying that shorty ain't lying to me. I wanna be there for my seed man. " I said, I know I fucked up with mommas. It took me a minute to see it. But now I do. I see where I went wrong. My apology was sincere. I regret fucking it up with her. I missed seeing her lil ass in my bed wearing my shirt as she slept. I ain't want to admit it. But I really do like her. She was the only person who kept me sane. Niggas still walking this earth cause of her and doesn't even know it.

" Imma see what the fuck going on. " He said finishing up his snack.

The rest of the day was spent checking on Kamoria. She gets on my fucking nerves. But that's my lil sis though. I'll kill a nigga bout her. Especially that lil nigga she so call her boyfriend. Even though she was 12. I gotta check his lil ass. Once I gave her her meds. I locked myself in my room with my thoughts.

Which is something I have been doing for a minute now.

Night had fallen so I decided to door dash us some dinner for the night.

When it came me and Kamoria ate in the kitchen and made small talk about nothing in particular. It was rare for her to come spend some time with me so I wanted to make the most of it is that she leave in a few days. My auntie go take her to her appointment since she lives closer.

I smiled at the child in front of me. Remembering all the dope I had to slang so we could eat for the night. Granted my auntie lived with us working minimum wage jobs to provide since our mom ran away with some nigga. Not looking back even once on her kids. I made shit happen for all of us. Eventually, I moved up the ladder. Until I got to the top.

Putting my auntie in her own home and Kamoria in the best schools. They don't have to worry about shit. I give my auntie money every month. For Kamoria, there is a trust fund for 3 million already in her account. I also built her credit through my shit.

That's why I really want to know the truth from Evelyn. I never want my child thinking their daddy abandoned them as my parents did me. Hell, I don't even know who my father is. I can't force shorty to be honest with me. That shit will hurt if I find out she lied to my face. But I can't be too mad cause I did it to her. Aint go push shit. If she says it ain't mine. Then ill let that shit be until then.

Kamoria ate and said she wanted to go catch up on some show. I forgot the name. So I cleaned up our mess. Then headed to my room to shower. Once I got out. I laid out on the chair and rolled one. Smoke clouded the area as my mind went back to Evelyn. I wonder what she got going on. As bad as I wanted shorty under me right now. I said it to her out of my own mouth. I can't give her what she needed. But her man could.

Is it wrong to admit that I wish I could take that shit back? 

We finally get to see a little of his background. Where he from and a little into his teen life..  

Which team you on, Treyvon or Khalan?