Chapter Eight

E V E L Y N

Everything felt

heavy

From her legs to her head. Everything felt hard to move. She laid there for a minute trying to focus on waking up. Evelyn peeked her eyes open fluttering them until her vision became clear. The beeping of the machines caused her to wince in pain. Something felt off, different. For one she couldn't remember why she was here. A knock came from the door and a couple of seconds later. Sade walked in with chase behind her. Behind him in walked Khalan.

Seeing him brought back a rush of memories. Trey texted her, then driving through traffic nearly causing a wreck. From there, memories flooded her brain of the argument that she had with Trey him screaming something about Chlamydia. He was drinking and the next thing she knew she was on the floor feeling hits all over her body. The last thing she saw was blood.

Blood! The baby! Khalan walked up beside her touching her hand. Evelyn looked at it and snatched it away. He looked down at her in confusion. But she turned her attention to Sade. " What happened? "

Sade looked at Khalan for him to answer as he looked down at Evelyn wondering why she was acting this way. If anybody should be pissed it's me. He thought to himself. He stepped back giving Sade the floor to explain.

He watched as her face went from shock to horror. " Is my baby okay? "

" - our  baby is fine as of now. We will know in a minute when the doc comes in" Khalan said. Catching her off guard. She looked down at the white sheets not having anything to say anymore. He sighed. " You had an emergency C-section due to your injuries. As far as I know. The baby will be incubated. "

Evelyn nodded her head then proceeded to make small talk with everyone else in the room but Khalan. She hissed in pain now and again. Other than that she sat up in bed as we all waited for the baby to be rolled in. " Oh excuse me. " A nurse peeked her head in the room. " The baby is on the way."

Sade and Chase moved by the window to give them room for the incubator. " How are you feeling momma? " The doctor from earlier spoke up as the nurses hooked the baby up to the machines. From the corner of her eye, she saw Khalan move closer to the baby. A small smile crept on his face. " I-Im fine. What's going on with us? "

He began to explain her bruises. How they planned on treating them in the long run. The doctor wanted her here for the next couple of days. Especially having her uterus removed. They needed to monitor her. As far as the baby. Which she learned was a boy he seemed to be fine as well luckily. They wanted to keep him incubated while being monitored so his lungs could become stronger. Evelyn opted out of answering any questions.

Khalan waited until the nurses and staff left before he turned to his friends. " Yall mind giving us a minute? " They excused themselves saying that they will be back in the morning. Chase promised to get the girls ready for bed. So they could catch their flights back home tomorrow.

The silence between Evelyn and Khalan was thick. He didn't know what to say, nor did she. " I'm sorry Khalan. I should have told you when you asked me months ago. There is no excuse for what I have done " Evelyn began to cry " I put our baby in harm's way -" She looked out the window into the night. He didn't have any words right then. Moments that he could have had were lost.

Khalan ran his hands down his face. " That's fucked up that you did me like that mamas. I ain't go lie to you. Im pissed. You took a lot of moments from me. My first child. My first son. I wanted to be the one to take care of you. Plan our baby shower. Set up his nursery. Allat shit. I wanted to be there. "

Hearing this hurt Evelyn. Looking back at all of the moments that could have been. Should have been but her selfish ways hindered that. Speaking of selfishness. "You gave me Chlamydia khalan. "

Khalan turned to face her. " I ain't gave you shit. "

She shook her head feeling overwhelmed " Yes you did. You gave it to me and I passed it to trey. " Evelyn jumped as he started to laugh. She felt herself getting upset which caused her headache to increase.

" You got a lot of fucking nerves. " He shoved his hands in his gym shorts that he had chase to bring him.

" Khalan if you don't believe me dammit go get fucking tested. Do it look like I'm in the position to lie? " Evelyn fondled with her finger waiting for his response.

He scoffed " You lied before. You've been lying this whole time. "

" Like you ain't fucking lie to me. Who are you to sit here and try to make me out to be the fucking bad guy? I get it. I should have told you! But let's be real here Khalan. You told me you didn't want a relationship. To stick it out where I was cause he could give me what YOU couldn't! SO I DID. I stuck it out the best way I could. I felt like you wouldn't been able to handle having a child either. That was my poor judgement though. Yet, Let's not forget the minute we fell out. You had your narrow ass at the fucking club having sex with god knows who! I loved you khalan! But the minute shit got hard, you went and fucked on somebody else. "

Khalan opened his mouth to respond but before he could. The baby started to cry. Evelyn paged the nurse as he rushed over to the incubator. The room doors burst open to two women heading straight to see what could be wrong. Khalan stepped out the way so they could do their job.

They managed to get the baby to stop crying. As soon as they did. Khalan was out the door without another word.

___