Chapter Six

E V E L Y N

( THIS WHOLE CHAPTER IS A MAJOR TRIGGER WARNING FOR ABUSE)

Tears blurred Evelyn's vision as she weaved through the evening traffic. It seems like everything was unfolding right now. Trey was blowing up her phone but she didn't pick up. Little did he know. She was on her way to him. What if she over-reacting? What if it's something else? Which is impossible because what else could there be?

" Fuck! Sorry! " She screamed as she narrowly escaped through the busy street. Evelyn had run the red light almost colliding with someone who was coming from the opposite direction. Her thumb tapped the steering wheel as she became closer to her apartment.

"come on, come on, come on, " A car was taking its poor time in front of her going 10 miles under the speed limit. As soon as she had an open window she sped past the old woman who was holding on to the wheel with both of her hands. Normally Evelyn would have been patient, but today. Today being patient was the last thing on her mind. When she made it to the parking lot she parked in the first available one she saw.

She didn't even bother to lock up as she walked as fast as she could inside the building. The greeter gave her a smile which she returned. Evelyn tapped the up button on the elevator wall and waited. A few seconds later the one on the left opened. The ride took longer than usual but she finally made it to the top floor.

Evelyn fumbled with the keys to unlock the door. She jumped as it was snatched back. Trey stood there with red eyes and a tear-stricken face. "W-what are you doing?!" He gripped her wrist pulling her inside slamming the door behind him. He had used so much force she had lost her balance, falling straight to the floor. " Are you fucking serious Trey?! " she groaned trying to stand up.

" You got some fucking nerves, Evelyn. " Trey said, chuckling at her failed attempt to get up. " Who you been fucking? Huh? " He squatted by her. Evelyn watched as he took the brown drink to the head. She hadn't noticed it, but she could sure smell it. Looking down to the floor in defeat. Evelyn struggled to find her words.

" TELL ME! " Trey screamed, he then threw the shot glass to the wall. Shattering it into tiny pieces. Evelyn shook with fear. She knew he had every right to be upset. That part she wasn't denying but him showing signs of violence made her cautious of his next moves. If he was willing to harm her. Then he would be willing to harm her child.

With the little strength, she had. Evelyn used the arm of the chair to pull her body off of the floor. Pain shot up through her wrist but she chose to ignore it. Trey didn't move. He just watched her movements with disgust. "Can we just. Can we just talk about it? " She said once she was standing up. Hoping he would calm down. Evelyn leaned away from the sofa giving her some type of fighting chance.

" Now you wanna fucking talk Evelyn! " He closed the space between them. It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. Trey looked down at the woman he had loved for all these years with so much hatred. He was hurt. Shaking his head he bent down, putting his hands on his knees. She heard him begin to sob. "T-trey look. You need to s-sit down"

Trey cocked his head to the side. " No, what you need to do. " He sniffled. " is tell me why I went to the doctor and my test came back positive for Chlamydia"

Evelyn shook her head. " Chlamydia? "

" YES FUCKING CHLAMYDIA! " He screamed. To her surprise, he turned around and walked into the kitchen. Evelyn started to feel sick. So she sat down on the chair with her head in her hands. Truly shooked. The only person who she had been with was Khalan.

Trey had walked back into the living room with another glass in one hand and the whole bottle in the other. He was way past drunk. Being that he never drank before. He was a lightweight. Trey leaned against the wall.  " Now, we know how STD's work. If  I got it, then you got it. Don't bullshit me Evelyn. You are the only person I have been with. " He said with his words slurred.

Evelyn stood from the chair. Holding her hands out trying her best to calm him down. She knew she had no choice but to come clean at this moment. " Okay, you want the truth. Fine. Yes I cheated on you Trey. Once you started working you forgot about my needs and wants. You made me feel like shit when you showed no interest in me! You don't know how you made me feel on those nights!"  A weight lifted off her shoulders as the words spilled from her mouth.

Evelyn was no longer scared at the man in front of her. Cause god damn it. She would be damned if she took all of the blaim for this relationship going wrong. " How long Evelyn. How long was you fucking someone else why I was out there busting my ass to keep things afloat. "

" Over a year now " She finally admitted. A look of confusion was on his face when his eyes dropped to her stomach. Trey bit his lip turning away from her.

" That's not my child Evelyn? " She could see the pain she had caused him. She opened her mouth to say something but immediately closed it. The words were right on her tongue. They just wouldn't come out. The silence that was in the air told trey all he needed to know.

With all the strength he had. Trey threw the liquor bottle right at her stomach. Evelyn screamed in pain as she fell to the floor. He began to stomp her all over. " You fucking whore! " The assault seemed to last for hours as he belittled Evelyn's well being. Kicking, stomping, spitting on her weak body. Blood began to  run down her legs.

Trey laughed when he noticed. " That bastard baby go burn in hell. " Evelyn wanted nothing more that to have the strength to get up. To fight his ass back. He was a coward. But no matter how hard she tried. She couldn't fight the darkness that consumed her.

- - -

I realized that I miscalculated yall. My fault for that. In chapter one book two. Evelyn is 6 months and its August. The baby due date is NOVEMBER 1st not October 1st. I apologize for the confusion.

Now, In this chapter. Its now September 14th. Kamoria's birthday. Making her 7 months.

I think thats all. <3