Chapter Four

E V E L Y N

  When Evelyn made it to the house it was 11:58 am. She glossed her lips and fixed her hair before she got out. The guy who was normally looking out for intruders was heading from the garage. He looked at her then her stomach and gave her a tight head nod. Any other day he would be happy. Evelyn knew something had to be going on in Khalan's " business".

A wave of nausea hit as she walked up the steps. Evelyn retrieve some gum from her purse and chewed on it making the sick feeling ease away. She knocked on the door three times. When the door opened. The woman who she had seen that day at the mall stood there. " Hey! You must be Evelyn? Come on in!" His auntie was such a beautiful person.

Although Evelyn only saw her from behind. She could tell from their facial features that she and Khalan were related. "It's nice to finally meet you," She said as she walked into the house. His auntie closed the door behind her. " I can say the same. You are all my nephew has been talking about. My name is Margie by the way."

" He mentioned you before. " Evelyn held her hand out for a handshake. But the woman mushed her hand out the way and pulled her into a hug.

" Honey any friends of Khalan is family. " She admitted hugging the woman she knew drove her nephew crazy without him knowing it.

Guilt.

Evelyn felt guilty judging her in that parking lot. Once Margie pulled away she started to walk off but Evelyn reached out and grabbed her wrist. Stopping her in her tracks. " Everything okay honey? Did Khalan do something? You need me to whoop his ass for you?" Margie asked in concern.

She held in a laugh. " Um no. It's not him. It's me. See um. I saw yall together a few days ago. And I had thought you were someone he was seeing and - "

Margie waved her off knowing where Evelyn was going with this. " Honey it's okay. We get mistaken as a couple all the time. Auntie just looks good. That's all. " She sent Evelyn a wink. " Now come on. We have a party to plan. "

Chase had brought them some refreshments as they talked about Kamoria and what she liked. First, they needed to come up with a theme. They narrowed it down to 3. She loved pink so of course, an all-pink party was one of them.

The second option was a pop-it party since she has a whole collection of them at Margie's house. Those eased her mind after long days of school. So we figured that's something we would enjoy.

The last one was a Doll Theme party. Come to find out her favorite dolls were Monster High. She loved her some Clawdeen Wolf. I overloved that idea.

We put each one in a bowl and pulled. The lucky winner ended up being the Dolls. Which Evelyn was secretly hoping for. Next, they moved on to how they could make it creative. " How about we each dress up as a doll of our choosing? From different shows and have a fashion show with the kids in their costumes? Let it be a DollHouse type of party? " Sade suggested.

They agreed on it. Evelyn had already knew what doll she was going to be.

It took hours to order the right decor and make a menu for a caterer but they eventually got it done. Margie said she would send out the invitations tonight to her friend's parents. All of the travel fees and expenses would be covered for the weekend. So they wouldn't have to worry about it.

When they all decided that the party was planned. They went out to dinner to get to know each other more. The whole time Margie glanced at her belly. Evelyn hoped she wouldn't ask. To her luck, she didn't. They ended the night with each other's phone numbers promising to hang out soon.

Trey was in his office by the time Evelyn made it home. She decided to not bother him once so ever. She needed the peace and quiet to think while she got ready for bed. That night she tossed and turned, but eventually fell asleep at the sound of his snores beside her.

The rest of the week flew by quickly as Evelyn hoped and prayed Kamoria would like her party. She and her friends flew in yesterday. Khalan took them all on a shopping spree and to get medi-pedis. In total there were 15 of them. How he was able to afford everything wasn't a surprise to Evelyn. Seeing him being a big brother made her heart sink. Khalan would be the perfect father.

He also took them out to breakfast as we sat up the decorations out in his backyard. The temperature would drop low tonight. Margie wanted to go ahead and start early so the girls would be inside before it got cold. Chase surprisingly stayed around to help the ladies with the heavy lifting. " Thank you. " Evelyn said to him as he finished hanging up the happy birthday banner.

" We did a damn good job yall " Margie praised as we looked around the decorated yard. Kamoria had a session dedicated just to Clawdeen Wolf. Where the girls could hang around. But the main decor ended up being the whole monster high cast. Evelyn searched high and low just for Clawdeen's party decorations. Yet there wasn't any.

However, they did ended up finding a backer who could do a small doll size cake. Luckily she have heard of Clawdeen so she was able to do that for them. Margie had gone to party city to get Kamoria's outfit. It was so cute!

All of this is a surprise though. The only people who knew were all of the parents so that their children could participate in the fashion show of dolls. Sade decided that she wanted to be Barbie and Chase was going to be Ken. Margie came up with strawberry shortcake. They had been asking Evelyn who she wanted to be. But Evelyn didnt say too much just in case she wasn't going to be able to pull it off.

When Khalan came back with the girls. He told them to go to the guest's room they were sharing to get dressed. " Can you do my makeup like yours Sade?" One girl begged.

" Sure! Let's go! " Sade guided them up the stairs. Leaving Evelyn and him alone at the bottom.

" Who you decided to be? " He asked.

" Why? " Evelyn joked. She tried to stay away from him as much as she could this whole time. But it was hard being that this is his house after all. Khalan smacked his teeth. " if you have your shit with you. You can use my shower since the girls are using the other ones. " He suggested. Changing the subject.

" Um. Yeah, thanks. " Khalan walked off as she walked outside to her car to retrieve her outfit.

-

Kamoria's Birthday Inspiration