Chapter Nine

E  V  E  L  Y  N

  Evelyn ended up tossing and turning all night. A part of her didn't want to go to sleep on the baby. Majority of the night. She watched him in his little area. All she wanted was to hold him. How could you be so stupid Evelyn?" She asked herself over and over. It seemed like every hour she woke up crying. For one, trey ruined the chance of being a mother again. Two, the child she do have is under watch. She prayed for things to go smoothly so they could go home. When the sun finally peaked through the blinds she reached over to the phone and called Sade who answered on the first ring.

Her friend was more than happy to go get her some clothes and her phone from the condo. The place she once called home. Evelyn had wondered what happed to Trey but Sade explained to her what happened when Khalan showed up.

Speaking of, Khalan left last night and didn't come back. Maybe they needed the space for everything to settle down. The fact he thinks she lied about the STD is sickening. Evelyn decided to watch some tv to take her mind off of him. The morning nurse came into the room to check on them an hour later. They ended up being fine.

Evelyn felt dirty and couldn't wait until her clothes got here so she could bathe. A knock came from the door. She muted the tv. " Come in "

Her mouth dropped open as he dad came from around the corner. He was smiling until he saw the condition his baby girl was in. To say he was livid was an understatement. It took Evelyn a while to calm him down. That along with the promise to press charges. Omar beamed with pride at the sight of his grandson. " I told you it was a boy. " He cheesed. They talked for a while about her plans when she is discharged. In all honesty, Evelyn didn't know what she wanted to do. But what she did know. Was that going back to that condo was out of the question.

" Hello hello hello! " Sade chanted as she walked in the room alone with a couple of bags. " Hey pops! " She screamed pulling him into a hug. She also peeked at the baby, cooing over his little body. Omar excused himself saying he was going to get them some lunch.

So Evelyn took that time to shower. It hurt like a bitch for her to walk after birth plus surgery. With the help of Sade. She got through it. Dressed in a nightgown from Walmart Evelyn took this moment to see her boy. His eyes weren't open. But he was gorgeous. " What are you going to name him. " Sade asked as she watched the interaction.

Evelyn sighed. " Honestly, I feel like robbed Khalan of everything else. So ill let him pick his name. I just know he ain't go be no damn Jr. " They laughed as Evelyn walked back to the bed. Omar came back with burgers from Five-Guys. Together they ate and talked. The door opened as Khalan walked in with a baby basket.

Evelyn smiled wide. It was so pretty. " I know we got our own shit to work through, but we got to put my lil man, first if that's alright with you? I'm not trying to miss another moment with my son." He asked. Evelyn bit her lip, accepting his gesture. Right now wasn't the time to argue about shit in the past. They will work on that later. She agreed with him. Now it was about their son.

KHALAN

KHALAN

( Last Night )

   He had to leave. Them having a conversation right then and there was pointless in his opinion. They both had a solid point, They both fucked up in one way or another. So he decided to just drop the shit for now. When he got home his auntie was waiting for him in the Livingroom. Khalan sighed when she came from around the corner.

They walked into the kitchen where she told him to sit. Margie got out a couple of glasses and a bottle of liquor. After pouring 2 shots. She slid him a glass sitting across from him. " Start from the beginning. " Khalan touched on every detail. His auntie was the first person to who he told how he really felt. Margie just listened to her nephew not interrupting. Letting him get everything off of his chest.

" I feel like we both fucked up somewhere auntie. " Khalan admitted. Margie nodded her head before she spoke. " I can see both sides. She was grown enough to admit her faults Khalan. But are you grown enough to admit yours? If you know you went and had unprotected sex with someone. Then you know it has to be some truth to what she saying. Yall still young. Mistakes are bound to happen. Yall just have to learn from them. Right now you need to decide if she is what you want. Don't raise that baby in a broken home Khalan. If you know you don't want to be with Evelyn. You need to make that clear so you guys can come up with a co-parenting plan. Either way. You know I'm here. " Margie sighed. Hating that he was going through that.

She pulled him into a tight hug. A part of her knew that was his child she was carrying. Call it a woman's intuition. This situation doesn't make her look at Evelyn any different. She is family. Margie will always love her like a daughter.

That night. Khalan stayed up smoking Chase stopped by to check on him but went to bed when it got late. Khalan couldn't sleep though. So he grabbed his keys and went to the nearest target. The only thing on his mind was his son. Before he knew it. He had picked up so much shit. A crib, stroller, a car seat, clothes, bottles, bibs. You name it. It was in the buggy. When he returned home. He put a basket together to take to the hospital.

____