Chapter Nineteen

E V E L Y N

 " You sure you don't want me to go, babe?" Trey said into my hair as he hugged me. We came to the conclusion. I needed a break from reality. I brought a ticket for the next day. Giving myself time to pack.

" No, take this time to go see your mother and your father while you have the time off. You haven't seen them in a while. " I sniffed. It's not that I didn't want him to go. I would just rather he go spend time with her while she is still here. I don't wish the pain of missing a parent on nobody.

Despite how I feel about the woman. She did birth him. " - And besides. I won't be alone. Sade is going to be with me. "

I invited her. She was raised in a group home. So she had a feeling of what I was going through. Not only that. She knew my truth. And she was my best friend. I needed to let down the façade for a couple of days. I felt him turn his head before turning back to me. " Here she goes. You guys board now actually. I'll call you when I make it to my parent's house" He gave me a short kiss as he grabbed his suitcase. "Hey, Sade." Trey waved to her as he went to the opposite of the airport.

Together I and Sade boarded the plane. We sat in first class in luxurious seats and atmosphere. We had our own little section to ourselves where we could close the curtain for more privacy. But before we could. We had to wait until we were in the air.

The flight attendance handed out refreshments. " Hey. Here is your complimentary snack. Please refrain from eating until we are in the air. " She gave a warm smile. Making me feel comfortable in her care. I sat my snacks beside me as the plane began to move. They gave their speech about safety once they were done. We were off to California. We made small talk the whole flight until we landed at the airport. All of my rental payments were already made so we got one from Enterprise and made the drive to Santa Cruz.

It was a long drive but we made it before the sun was setting. The hotel we stayed at was 5 star in courtesy of Chase. He had connections all the way over here. We got a huge discount on our suite would be sharing for the next 5 days. Luckily after we got settled. Room service was still an option. I ordered a steak with a fruit salad that I had been craving all day. Sade ordered a chicken salad with blue cheese.

As we waited, We showered. Getting the sweat and germs from the plane off or our bodies. We sat on the chair in front of a huge flat screen that had 4k in a small square sticker on the side. " Now that we finally settled. How have things been?"

I told her about the struggle it has been to keep up with the lies. and The guilt I felt from that day in the hospital when I was cornered by Khalan. " Speaking of Khalan. He had to tell chase something about that day. Cause chase been asking about you every day. " She rolled her eyes playfully. " Not only him but Khalan as well when we are alone in the house. "

My eyes got wide as I held the pillow on my lap. " What did he say? "

" Do you really want to know Evie? Cause I know you trying to move on from him and all. I don't want to be the reason to stir something back up in you. " She asked sincerely. I didn't blame her one bit for asking. Hell, I wasn't even sure if I really wanted to know. A part of me really did miss him. No matter how much I tried to forget him. The love I had for him was real.

I nodded my head yes. " I want to know Sade. "

She sighed before she began to talk. " He asked me what I knew about your pregnancy. Were you pregnant the last time you had come over. How far along you really are. Things like that. "

" Damn. " Guilt settled into my heart at this. He wanted to know about me.

" Evelyn. As your friend. You know imma always keep it honest. I respect doing what you feel like you need to do. But from the outside looking in.. You are wrong friend. This man is literally going crazy about you. Even though he will not admit it. As much as you trying to fight it. You still care about him too. " I hugged my pillow tight at her words. " You my girl and I love you. You know I only want the best for you. Putting yourself through this isn't the best for you, trey or Khalan. Especially the baby."

Before I could speak a knock came from the door. "I'll get it." She said getting up from the chair. I could hear the door open. The wave of the smell from the steak made my mouth water. My stomach growled. One thing I did get scolded at by Dr. Neil about is my food intake. I need to eat more. So I dug in with no remorse. It was beyond good. The fruit melted in my mouth as my taste buds jumped for joy.

After we ate. We talked about my father. He had no idea I was in town. I figured a surprise would be nice. She asked me how he was. Did he know what was going on. I explained to her. That I was here to tell him the truth. Seek his guidance as well as to go to my mother's grave while I'm here.

Her phone ringed. It was a facetime from Chase. She cheesed as his face popped up. " Hey, bae. Yall good? the room straight?" He asked.

She nodded her head yeah. " We just ate dinner. "

" Oh. Lil mike tyson with you right now? " She turned the phone to me as soon as he saw me. He flipped the camera round to a shirtless Khalan. " Yo bae on the phone uglass nigga."

Khalan stopped what he was doing and snatched the phone. I glanced up at Sade. Then back to him. He had walked out of the room. " Hey mommas. " His voice was deeper than usual meaning he had to just wake up not too long ago.

A blush crept unto my face. " Khalan " Sade handed me the phone so me and him could talk. For the first time in a while, I actually opened up to him. He asked me how I had been. How was the baby. Making jokes and all. I had a smile on my face the whole time. He brought out a different side of me. I knew with him. I had nothing to worry about. Khalan brought me comfort in the simplest things. " Can you unblock me while you're out there so we can text?" He asked respectfully.

" - Y-yeah I can do that. "

" Bet "

This will be a long trip.