Chapter Nine

E V E L Y N 

 " I couldn't do it, Sade! " I groaned to her as I sipped my drink. I didn't want to meet her at my home since trey was still there. And had been for this past week. I most definitely couldn't go to the house where I knew it was a high chance Khalan was.

When I walked inside to the romantic date that Trey had laid out. My heart filled with joy. As he apologized for being distant from me. For being so consumed with work that he forgot about me. His ass said all the things I needed him to say that night. Even wanted sex but I dismissed him. Blaming my period. He understood and backed off. We spent the rest of the night watching movies and the rest of the week spending more time with each other than he had in months.

" Evelyn! " Sade whispered harshly. " Girl what are you going to do? You got Trey finally acting right and Khalan ass keeps asking me for ya number-" She ranted.

" He asked for my number? " Butterflies fluttered in my stomach. I did miss his touch. Whenever Trey touched me it felt off. Or weird.

It wasn't Khalan's touch.

" Yes he did but you need to make up your mind. "

I sat in thought as I finished my cup. " I want them both. "

Sade ran her hand down her face and looked at her friend that sat across from her. Khalan ass was turning her out for sure. The Evie she knew months ago wouldn't look at another man. Let alone think about one. " How would you pull it off. "

" Well, for one. Khalan knows about trey and doesn't care for or about him. He made it clear that he wants just sex. Which is the best sex of my fucking life " I said biting my lips, holding up one hand. " And for 2, what I don't get from Khalan. If things keep going the way they have. I can get it from Trey" I said holding up my other hand as if Sadie could see the balance.

I admit, this is pretty far out there. Even for me. This was new. Khalan was a drug that I just wasn't ready to give up yet. and Trey has had my heart for years. He is my comfort. My rock and someday will be my husband. " Okay, " She stirred her drink with her straw " What if Trey only doing this for you to get off his back? What if he goes back to the same as he has been?"

I didn't think that far. What if it's all fake for real? I shook the thought out of my head. " That's why ill have Khalan on the back end. "

With that we let the conversation go from me to her and her progress with Chase. Who is helping her find a place of work since she has the correct credentials. We ate our lunch in peace, then made plans for me to come over tonight. Which was code for me seeing Khalan. I owed him that much since I ghosted him. I made it back home at a respectable time to see Trey in our bed with his laptop. " Hey, baby. How was your lunch with Sade?"

" It was good. Yeah. So good we decided to do a girls' night tonight. " I said as calmly as I could while getting out my duffle bag.

He watched me as I pilled it with my necessities. " Well, you know I leave tomorrow to head back for the final time. " He explained as he shut down his computer.

Guilt settled in my stomach.

Was I really leaving this man? Who had given me everything I wanted for a man who didn't know me outside of the bedroom. I stopped in my tracks as I stared in my drawer at my clothes. My fingers nervously tapped on the fabrics as I had a silent debate in mind. " What if this for show?" I thought to myself as the memories of how he made me feel flooded my mind.