━━ICHI

THE SOUND OF HUMMING

THE SOUND OF HUMMING. It was heard throughout the halls.  Thrumming a familiar tune from the vibrations resonating in her earphones. It was a typical school day. The hallways still empty. She was the first one from her class to arrive. The keys she was holding jiggled on her tread.

The student then retrieved her phone in her pocket. Scrolling for another playlist. The first one she played was an upbeat music that was becoming popular recently. She followed with the lyrics, singing every word until she came across the signage of her room.

╭─────────╮
Class II-5
╰─────────╯

She then held the handle and opened the door. But not when hearing a certain commotion a few distance away. Looking out, the noise came from the gym. Unfortunately, it was usually like this as her classroom was near where the volleyball team practiced.

Shrugging it off, she proceeded to open the room. Ignoring the clamor that was starting to bustle. The latter then plopped down on her seat, putting her bag on the side.

She could often hear their petty fights. Screaming nonsense here and there. However, even with their fickle arguments, they seemed to be passionate enough to their club that they would come to school earlier than the whole student body.

"Gyahhh!"

The ruckus continued to escalate.

"What did you do, BOKE?!"

She turned up the volume, wanting to drown out the hubbub. Continuing to hum to the beat while tapping her fingers on the table.

It was indeed a typical day in KARASUNO HIGH.

She then saw some of the players running through the halls, passing by her classroom.

"Hey—you two—stop it already!"

A senior tried to chastise, running after the first two. She shook her head, stifling a laugh at the scene before her. Unlocking her phone, she then checked for the time. Classes would eventually start three-quarters of an hour later, and students should begin to arrive a few minutes from now.