━━JŪSHI

THE TEAM WAS ABOUT TO RESUME THEIR MATCH

THE TEAM WAS ABOUT TO RESUME THEIR MATCH. The players already stood up to do their stretching and warm-ups. Nao decided to get up also. It was time for her to go home, taking the now empty basket with her.

"Nee-chan—you're going back already?"

Ren called for her as she began to walk. He was giving her his signature puppy-dog eyes, not wanting for her to leave yet. Some of the players then looked at the two siblings, waiting for her answer.

"W-well—I—" The girl began to utter, gripping the handle of the basket. She was feeling awkward from getting caught red-handed in trying to escape once again.

"Nao." She shifted her gaze and saw Hinata approaching the two of them. It was the first time that she heard him say her name.

"A-uh—senpai." Nao then snorted at his added honorific. Hinata then saw her reaction which made him even more embarrassed.

It already took every ounce of him to approach her. Very unlike his usual confident persona.

Come on, Hinata! Get a grip! Tanaka was rooting for his kōhai in the sidelines. He was seeing himself in his shoes similar to when he was trying to get a conversation with Kiyoko. He knew what it felt like.

"C-can you—I mean—" He started to scratch his nape.

Say it! Say it now! The wing spiker tried to coach him. Geez, if only he had telepathic abilities, he could surely use it now.

"Hey—boke—we're about—"

Kageyama began to interrupt. They needed to position their team already and that baka was taking his time. Tanaka then grabbed the back of his collar to stop him from intervening.

"Shhh!"

The wing spiker immediately silenced him—to which confused the setter. "Why—?"