━━SANJŪKU

GLITTERS DUSTED THE SKY

GLITTERS DUSTED THE SKY. Shimmering through the expanse, its resplendence had embellished like twinkling stones—shining and splendid. Nao was gazing at the evening ether. When the night's extravagance was in its prime. The view essentially evoked and permeated romance. The principal theme of tonight's display.

Kageyama was sitting in front of her. The two were riding a small boat, accompanied by a dimly lit lantern perched on the side. They were sailing on a lake. It was only the two of them.

As Nao had told him, the entrance of this activity was exclusive. A limited and a chosen number of people could get the chance to access its tickets due to demand. The setter had now understood why.

The scene was absolutely breathtaking.

"Look—a shooting star." Nao had gestured to the trail of light. Her face imbued awe. "Make a wish Kageyama-san!"

He saw the girl then began to close her own eyes to make a wish. Kageyama was just looking at her, his own filled with mirth. Somehow, he did not need to make one. He was fine with what he had. More than fine—for he already got what he wanted.

"May I know what you have wished for?"

Nao was greeted with the sight of the setter curiously staring at her. She then gave him a cheeky smile.

"It is supposed to be solely between the shooting star and I." Nao responded in a teasing way, trying to ease off the mood. "If I told anyone, the wish would lose its effectivity."

"I haven't heard about that before." Kageyama narrowed his brows together. "My jiisan told me otherwise though. He said that wishes will gain more chances in taking place when more people know them."

Nao then laughed. It was lighthearted and good-natured. Without a hint of discounting his grandfather's views about wishes.

"Really?" She crossed her arms in thought, quite in a predicament. "Should I tell you then?"