━━NIJŪHACHI

THE BED OF COSMOS HAD BLOOMED

THE BED OF COSMOS HAD BLOOMED. After a long time of waiting, their buds had unfurled, displaying a sight to be beholden. They swayed when the zephyr began to blow a long, sweet greeting—welcoming their awaited debut.

Nao was standing at the heart of the vast meadow, fiddling her fingers with the petals. Their lush colors became more vivid beneath the beam of the glazing sun. When she was staring at them, she had thought that they were more luminous.

She was about to pick one until she had recalled an advice given to her by her grandmother—that flowers should be given the chance and time to bloom like all living things. The girl then retrieved her hand, deciding to only look and appreciate its beauty.

Time seemed to go by when she heard a familiar voice calling for her name.

"Nao-chan!"

She then saw a head of verdant hair running towards her, tackling the girl to the bed of flowers. His solid embrace made her gasp for air. The two were laying on the ground. Ushijima was on top of her.

"T-Toshi-kun—?"

"I've been searching everywhere!" He interrupted, eyes holding unparalleled concern for her. "Our children are looking for you!"

Nao then emitted a giggle upon hearing his more recent statement. It became a full-blown laugh as she clutched her sides in mirth. Ushijima was gazing at her with scrunched brows, quite bewildered. He huffed while watching the girl.

"Ne, Nao-chan—why are you laughing? Did I say something funny?" The boy innocently asked, looking down at her between his arms. He was serious. It was not a flippant matter.

Nao then shook her head. Her laughter was slowing down. "No, you're just adorable, Toshi-kun." She grinned, tapping his cheek. The boy blushed at her impromptu compliment. He was glancing at her smiling face. Her soft tresses were forming into a halo as she laid underneath him on the meadow of cosmos. The flowers accentuating her vibrance.