━━JŪSHICHI

THE CAPTAIN WENT TO CHECK THE KITCHEN

THE CAPTAIN WENT TO CHECK THE KITCHEN. There was a loud noise that blustered in that part of the house. The others were still occupied with playing another game.

Mo-no-po-ly?

That was its name. He was unsure how to pronounce it right, the word was quite foreign to him. He was also not that familiar with its mechanics. It involved buying and trading properties, in addition to numerous house rules.

For those reasons, he decided not to take part in the game. Asahi was surprisingly good at it though, he already had built a hotel and owned various lands.

When he arrived, he saw his fellow teammate who was assigned to grill duty with the Fuji granddaughter. They were laughing together, but their laughters slowed down upon seeing him.

He also smelt something burnt. It was the barbecue that the middle blocker was grilling.

"What happened?"

He saw how Hinata's eyes widened.

"Uh-ah—you see—" The decoy stammered, having a hard time in explaining. Hinata then looked at Nao, asking for her help.

The latter began to open her mouth, but she had difficulty in forming the right words to say.

"Ano—Hinata and I were just—uh. It was my—"

"No."

Hinata interrupted her right away. He tore his gaze from Nao to his captain, grasping her hand to ease her.

"It was my fault. I got distracted." Hinata said with a determined look. He then bowed. "I'm sorry, captain. And don't worry about the burnt meat. It'll be my portion for tonight."

Nao held his hand tight, nudging him to gaze at her. "Hinata." She called for him. "I can't let you do that." She told the decoy with the same determination. "And besides, it's because of me—so it is my fault as much as it is yours."