━━YONJŪNI

THAT VOICE

THAT VOICE. Nao had recognized it. Emotions came swirling in, as a gush of familiarity came rushing towards her. Her features showing a gleam of happiness.

"Toshi!"

A chuckle resounded on her speakers. "Hello, Nao-chan. How are you today?" His voice was soft, greeting her with the same warmth. The thump in her heart bellowed, recalling the canopy of light—many-hued specks of colored dusts.

"Well, just so you know, I'm now an acting manager for Karasuno. I'm sure my team will give Shiratorizawa a run for its money." She flippantly teased, prompting a sound of amused disbelief from the stoic captain.

"I'm sure they would, Nao-chan." Came his dry response, not believing an ounce of it. His tone did not escape the acute senses of the Karasuno manager, scorning anyone who would dare underestimate her team.

"Ne, is that sarcasm I hear? You better watch out, Toshi-kun. The crows will soon dethrone the mighty white eagle."

"So, the Karasuno team has stolen my beloved cheerleader?" Ushijima quipped, feigning a wounded tone. This made a laugh flee from her mouth, yet he continued on.

"You're now rooting for them instead of me." He said with a hint of envy.  "If only I knew that it would come to this, I should have done everything in my power to make you come to Shiratorizawa." But there was a lace of longing in every syllable, in every word.

"Just for you to be with me."

The hum in her chest grew erratic, face tinted with a blush. Glimpses of their shared kiss flashed in her eyes. Stomach squirming with butterflies. "I'm still your number-one fan." She reminded, voice was soft as the early morning light.

"It's forever and always, Toshi."

His line was silent for a moment. Nevertheless, Nao could imagine—she could see a smile forming on his lips.