━━SANJŪICHI

PLATES CLINKED AS THEY WERE STACKED IN THE KITCHEN SINK

PLATES CLINKED AS THEY WERE STACKED IN THE KITCHEN SINK. Water started to run through the faucet, scouring the stubborn leftover food on top of their surface. The individual began to thoroughly clean the platter with a detergent. Using a sponge to assist in slathering the formula.

Nao, unfortunately, was the first one to react in the little staring contest between her and Kageyama. Hued in embarrassment, she tore her eyes away from him—leaning her head on the table while she covered her flushed face with her hands.

His gaze was so intense. She could sense the emphatic beating of her heart from the way he was looking at her. As if she was a book, and the setter was completely absorbed in reading her pages.

Nao could not take that anymore—not even for another second. Kageyama's eyes were unbelievably pretty—and she was undeniably drawn to them.

"Nao."

Thoughts about the enigmatic setter were cut off by someone who was calling after her. 

"You don't have to do that. Who says that you'll be washing the dishes tonight?"

The new individual was approaching the girl by the sink. It was none other than the Karasuno captain. Daichi was wearing a serious expression as he had asked her.

"Ano—don't worry about this, Daichi-san." She then gave him a light smile, wanting to show that she was alright. "I'm okay. It's only fair that I'm doing this." The girl chuckled while lathering the plate with a sponge.

However, the captain did not appear to be convinced. "Did Tanaka, by any chance, thought about this?"

He leaned his body on the countertop with folded arms. He suspected that the knucklehead wing spiker was the mastermind of all of this. Daichi wanted to hear it from her to truly confirm his suspicion.  

"W-well, we were playing a game and—"

Nao paused from her explanation when she saw the captain was moving to take another apron from the rack. He then wore it over his head.