━━NIJŪNI

THE BALL WENT OUT OF BOUNDS

THE BALL WENT OUT OF BOUNDS. It was the nth time today. Touching the ground beyond the line of the court. Coach Ukai blared his whistle, holding both of his hands straight up indicating the signal once again.

"Sorry, Daich-san."

Kageyama apologized, he thought his set was completely rusty and off. He started to look at both of his hands, giving them a piercing gaze.

The captain gestured in disagreement. "It's not your fault, Kageyama." He told the latter, tapping his shoulder before going to get a canteen of water from their manager.

It was not only him that was a little distracted. Some of them actually were too.

"Oi." Coach Keishin's grandfather started to clap his hands in order to gain their attention.

The players then directed their gaze to the elder Ukai.

"Now, what is this about?" Ikkei asked, pointing at the ball that went out of bounds. "If it was a real match you could have lost half of your points already."

The retired sensei then shook his head. They were doing great yesterday. He had witnessed and grasped their potential as a team. A little bit of refinement on some areas then they could be unstoppable.

However, what was happening now was the exact contrast. Ikkei was curious to know what got in to them.

The latter then exhaled, scanning through the players one by one. He walked around them with his arms crossed.

They then straightened up from his intense scrutiny, nervously avoiding their gazes away from him. Beads of sweat started to cascade.

"Tch." Ikkei expressed his disapproval, pivoting around.  "Alright. You lot seem to be a quite tired." He began to wave his hand, shooing them away. "Take a break for a while. We will resume practice after all of you had relaxed for a bit."

The Karasuno members bowed, grateful at him. "Thank you, sensei!" The team said in unison.

They then dispersed, taking rest under the canopy of the tree or just outside the house on the engawa.