━━SANJŪROKU

THE TWO WERE BOUND WITH A RED STRING

THE TWO WERE BOUND WITH A RED STRING. This was the portraiture of soulmates. It signified the quintessence of destiny. No circumstance could separate their fate. No matter the time and the space in between.

Nao and Sugawara were tied with the red cord—the string of fate—binding the two together. In a way, this made them as fated lovers.

The minister who was in charge of enjoining the patrons of the marriage booth was the one who presided over these words. The Karasuno vice-captain and the younger Fuji were the cynosure of the pretend wedding that was taking place.

Meanwhile, the other Karasuno players served as the reluctant and opposing witnesses of the said occasion. 

"B-but Nao-senpai can't get married yet—!" The vibrant-haired player pointed at the two of them. "No! This can't be! She's supposed to marry m—"

The officiates who were the masterminds of their wedding hurriedly contained the frantic Hinata. The decoy tried to dodge them, but he was then caught from their imprisoning grasp.

The fake minister released a sigh. It was a first time that a wedding from their marriage booth was this strongly opposed.

"Who else would dare contradict the union between Fuji Nao and—uh..." He then gestured to the grey-haired setter. "—your name good sir?"

"S-Sugawara Kōshi."

Suga replied while stammering. Truth be told, he was still in disbelief. Nao was in front of him. They were tied together with a red knot. And they were to be married. He knew that it was not official in any sense, however this did not stop him from getting the idea of marrying her past through his head.

"Alright—Sugawara Kōshi." The minister repeated his name, then looking pointedly at the witnesses. "Is there anyone else who is against their union?"

His remaining teammates fidgeted at the minister's gaze, all of them dipped their heads to the ground—avoiding his piercing expression. "I see all of you very clearly." He tauntingly continued, nudging them. "Speak now or forever hold your peace."