━━NIJŪGO

ASTONISHMENT PAINTED THEIR EXPRESSIONS

ASTONISHMENT PAINTED THEIR EXPRESSIONS. The team had gathered together as instructed by their coach and his grandfather. The two of them had announced that they would be having a match with the Shiratorizawa ace.

"Y-you mean—!" Tanaka exclaimed. "U-Ushi—?!"

However, he was later cut off by Nishinoya. The latter was covering his mouth with his arms. Even so, the wing spiker was still mumbling in disbelief, trying to push his friend away.

"Shut up—!" Nishinoya gave a cautionary gesture. "You know Ushijima might still be there in the corner!" He whipped his head to peer around. "He could hear you, Ryū!" The libero then sighed in relief seeing that their rivaling captain had already left.

"Are you sure, sensei?" Daichi asked. "I mean—would Ushiwaka even agree to that?" The Karasuno captain was more than inquisitive as to how they would convince the aloof and quiet Miyagi champion to have a match with them.

The retired coach then flashed a wide grin to all of the players.

"Don't ya worry about that, my boy!" Ikkei assured, folding both of his arms. "We only need to believe in Nao-chan—"

"Nao-senpai? What—?!" Hinata squawked all of a sudden from hearing the name of the younger Fuji.

"Hinata, don't be too loud." Suga told the middle blocker in a hushed tone, placing his forefinger in front of his mouth. The decoy proceeded to quiet down right away. Nevertheless, he still wanted to know what she had to do with this.

"Nao?" Tsukishima began, a querying look evident on his features. "So he could be convinced by her to go against us in a game?" Surprised looks came in his way—courtesy of his equally as curious teammates. Since when did you care about her?

Ah yes. He could hear their thoughts loud and clear. But the tall middle blocker disregarded them, waiting for their coach to give him an answer instead.