━━JŪKU

NAO WAS WHISKING THE BATTER OF THE PANCAKE

NAO WAS WHISKING THE BATTER OF THE PANCAKE. It was then she heard someone. His voice achingly annoying in the cusp of early morning.

"My, my—I thought royalties never make breakfast?"

She then looked up from the bowl to the person across her. He was now sitting in the counter, tilting his head on his knuckles. The latter was watching her.

It was Tsukishima.

Nao just ignored him. He was only here to aggravate her. She then continued on whisking the batter, assuming that he was not around.

"Does Your Highness need any help?"

He asked while looking at her. Nao then retrieved a frying pan and put it on the stove.

"As if I'd ask for your help." She muttered while rolling her eyes. Nao then heard him snort, trying to stifle a snicker.

"We will see about that, Joōsama." Tsukishima continued on teasing her.

She was now looking at the batter, trying to scoop it with a ladle. But she then halted, thinking that there was something missing.

Oh yes—chocolate chips!

Nao forgot to put them. Her little brother loved having them in his pancakes.

The girl was trying to remember where she had stashed the ingredient. She then recalled hiding them in a cabinet where he could not reach. Ren was eating them one by one when he had his hands on those chocolate chips, that was why she was keeping them out of his sight.

The problem now was they were out of her reach too. She would stood on her tiptoes just to get the chips.

Nao opened the high cabinet. There they were—contained in a jar on the upper-left corner. She then tried to get it, stretching her arm and standing with her heels raised. She tried to jump, but she just pushed the jar farther in to the cabinet.

Now it was more difficult to retrieve back.

Tsukishima saw the whole thing. The middle blocker could not help but chuckle at her attempt to get the jar of chocolate chips.