━━JŪHACHI

THE PETALS FLEW FREE

THE PETALS FLEW FREE. Nao was sitting on the engawa near her room. She was embracing her legs, her phone on her hand. The night was cold. Its breeze was kissing her now dry tears.

The call just ended not a while ago. She wanted to talk to him more but it was already late. Her friend needed to be early for tomorrow to go somewhere he did not tell.

She wiped the liquid off with the sleeves of her jacket. They had slowed down once she had heard his voice.

It was a starless evening, with clouds blanketing the whole sky. The only light was the yellow beam emitted from the lantern. It was placed adjacent to the rich gradient of lilac and mauve flowers of the wisteria tree in the garden.

The wind carrying its petals to places it once thought could never reach.

In her musings, she was unaware of the approaching footsteps.

"Nao?"

The girl heard a quiet voice that said her name. She then shifted her gaze to the person standing to her side, surprised that he was still awake. His dark brown eyes softened as her attention was now on him.

"Daichi-san..."

Nao acknowledged the later, her tone low and almost inaudible.

"Mind if I sit beside you?"

The captain asked in a polite way. Nao then gave him a small smile, shaking her head.

"It's okay."

The raven-haired wing spiker plopped down, putting his legs over the edge of the engawa. He was walking around the house before finding his way here. He could not sleep because of the loud snore courtesy from the two Karasuno knuckleheads.

A comfortable silence followed afterwards. The two were gazing at the surroundings and wallowing in the cool breeze.

"Beautiful."

Daichi uttered. He then stared at Nao, who looked at him in return. The captain widened his eyes, his face getting warm amidst the zephyr.

"U-ah—I—" He began to stammer. "Ano—you know—the surroundings!" The captain gestured to the place around them.