━━JŪGO

THE SIGNAGE BRIGHTENED THE WHOLE AREA

THE SIGNAGE BRIGHTENED THE WHOLE AREA. It was modern like any other typical stores found in the country. Although, the very establishment was seemingly out of place in the vicinity where traditional houses and architectures where more prevalent.

The two of them went inside, taking a basket as they passed along a person who then welcomed them to the store. Nao smiled and greeted back the worker, while Kageyama just nodded.

"Kageyama-san, do you know what items that we are going to buy?" Nao asked the person beside her.

"Yeah." Came his brief reply. They then walked through the aisles to look for the ingredients.

Nao knew how Kageyama was not a talkative person. He was not that fond of having them. But still, she had hoped that she could learn a little more about him through small talks.

It was hard to be ignored sometimes.

They then picked the necessary items as they arrived at the designated aisle section, putting them inside the basket. They already had everything in one go as the ingredients were placed near each other.

Nao helped him find the counter by pointing its direction. He then went to it in order to pay for the items.

"Kageyama-san." Nao called for him as he put the products on the counter one by one for the cashier to scan. The setter looked at her expectantly.

"I'll be waiting for you outside."

Like other responses, he gave her a very short reply—a nod. And then went on to continue in  retrieving the items out from the basket.

Nao started to turn around to the exit, walking outside of the store. It was already twilight. The clouds painting a navy blue hue. It was almost the same as the deep shaded color of blueberries.

Just like—

Oh how ironic.

She went out to forget about him for a little while. Looking for things that she could find as distractions. But now the thoughts about the setter were flashing back in her mind.