━━NIJŪROKU

NAO WAS COMPLETELY CAUGHT OFF GUARD

NAO WAS COMPLETELY CAUGHT OFF GUARD. His inquiry made her flustered. She was scanning certain cues on his face in case he was asking it as a joke, but she had found nothing. It was a sincere question coming from the setter.

What does he even mean by that?

She asked herself. Because what she had comprehended from his question made her cheeks heat up in embarrassment. She did not want to assume anything.

Suga—does he—?

Nao stopped herself. She would not dare finish that thought. How presumptuous of her.

I mean—Sugawara having feelings for—no!

She immediately erased that brazen assumption. How could she interpret such a thing? Sugawara was just being hypothetical. He was asking it only as a friend.

You have read too many shoujo manga, Nao! Get a grip!

Nevertheless, no matter how much she tried on erasing that very idea, there was still a fifty percent probability that she was right.

And him, asking her that if she would feel the same way. How should she answer that?

Who wouldn't like one Sugawara Kōshi?

Nao was hesitating to give her answer. Sugawara noticed that. He then snorted, running his fingers through his dark gray locks.

"Ne, ne. What's that serious look Nao-chan?" He began to laugh, poking at her cheek. Nao gazed at him, quite incredulous.

Wha—?!

"Forget about it, you don't have to answer that question anymore." The setter told her, waving his hand in dismissal. He proceeded to go to his team, turning his back to her. Nao was looking at him in bewilderment. Pondering what just happened.

Sugawara then paused as he thought of something, moving around to revert his gaze at the girl. He grinned as he saw that he still had her attention. "You know, in exchange for that, you should go on a date with me!"