━━SANJŪSAN

HIS CHEST THRUMMED

HIS CHEST THRUMMED. It was so emphatic, continuously ringing in his ears. Tsukishima mustered all the courage that he had to finally say it. Relief then permeated when he saw her lips pulled into a smile. It was supple and radiant—specifically because of him.

"I am looking forward to it then." Nao tucked her hair as a gush of wind blew towards them. "Tsukki."

Tsukishima perceived his mouth curved upon hearing that nickname again. The two of them began to resume their walk.

"You really like calling me in that name—don't you?"

Nao nodded. "Well, Tsu-ki-shi-ma is too long to say." She emphasized the syllables while chuckling.

"That's all?"

"Ano—other than that..." Nao put her forefinger and thumb on her chin, as if thinking for another reason.

"I also love the moon."

The middle blocker subsequently snorted, shaking his head in disbelief.

"The moon—really?"

She squinted her eyes, pouting at his blatant sarcasm. "Of course! Actuallyi-it kind of reminds me of you..."

Her voice lowered, cheeks in shades of pink.

The middle blocker noticed that she went meek. It was when she had told him how the moon made her thought of the tall player. His smile broadened.

"Oh—so you love me then?" Tsukishima asked in a teasing manner, gazing at the girl. "Is that what your trying to say—Nao?"

He saw her eyes widened in astonishment after his claim.

"I—I—!"

"It's okay. Well—you should at least take me on a date first." Tsukishima continued on.