━━SAN

A VOICE WAS CALLING HER

A VOICE WAS CALLING HER. She then looked up from listening in her earphones. The afternoon's classes just finished, and she was about to pack her things.

"—excuse me." It was her classmate, nudging her and pointing at the classroom's door. She then removed her earbuds.  "There's someone looking for you."

She nodded, peeking outside to know who was out there for her, but she only saw the person's back against the door. She then stood up, going near the person her classmate was talking about.

As she exited the room, she stopped on her tracks—eyes gazing widely. She did not expect him to be here.

Sensing someone approaching him. He then turned around and saw his fellow schoolmate staring at him with a surprised expression. He wondered what made her flabbergasted. Is there something on his face? He tried to wipe it off with his hand.

Noticing that there was nothing, he sheepishly chuckled. Subsequently making a feign cough as he tried to compose himself. He looked at the paper that he was holding. Slightly squinting his eyes to read on its small characters.

"Are you—" He began to tilt his head, he observed that the Kanji printed on the paper were pretty close and small. "F-fu—Na—" He tried to pronounce it, but he had a hard time saying her name.

"Fuji Nao."

She began to help him. The latter then beamed, his hazel-brown orbs highlighted the birthmark mole beside his left eye.

"Fuji Nao. Alright—thank you." He repeated her name. "Ano—you're under Takeda-sensei, right?" He asked, scratching his cheek.

"Here's your paper. Sensei said that it was mixed up with the other sections. He told me to give it back to you." He then handed it to her.

Nao stretched her arm, reaching for the paper. "Thank you."

They remained standing. Not sure what else to say or do.

"I-I—" He began to say "I—" Stuttering while trying to shake off the impending awkwardness.