━━NIJŪ

THE DOORBELL BEGAN TO BUZZ

THE DOORBELL BEGAN TO BUZZ. Their attention was now on the front door of the house. Before she could answer them, she decided to walk to its direction to know who was outside.

"Wait—I'll go get it, senpai!"

The orange-haired middle blocker told her. He then ran to the front entrance, beating her to it. Nao wanted to go there herself, but he was too quick.

She was then left with his team, still waiting for her reply in the dining room. The girl, in all honesty, still needed time to think. If only she could have a little distraction—

"J-JA—JAPAN—!"

Japan?

Nao thought in wonder. She heard Hinata had stammered loudly about something. The players held the same question as her. Curiosity started to swirl in her mind, pondering the identity of the newcomer.

They then went ahead to where the middle blocker was standing. Nao was the first to follow the decoy. She saw him at the door pointing at someone in an incredulous way, his face flabbergasted.

"Hinata, why are you—?"

Nao began to ask the latter, but then halted when she saw who it was by the entry way. Her reaction then mirrored the decoy's.

She saw the person's face softened upon seeing her. His olive orbs carrying a gleam of relief and serenity.

"Nao-chan."

The individual mentioned her name. It was the kind of tone that held closeness. His gaze steady and unwavering.

Like she was the only person in the room.

"Toshi-kun..."

Nao proceeded to move towards the latter, a little teary-eyed. She could not believe that he was here. She had not seen him for some time now.

"I miss you."

She said as she stood right in front of him. Ushijima began to wrap his arms around her. Her face planted on his chest. He then stroke her hair lovingly.