━━NIJŪNANA

BAAAM!

BAAAM!

The Shiratorizawa ace made another consecutive hit again, widening the tally on the scoreboard. Coach Ukai then whistled, indicating a time-out.

The players moved to get some refreshments, they were tired and heaving quick breaths from the long excursion. They were moving around a lot—still not used to how the super ace got around with the ball. Ushijima walked to Nao, the girl was holding a water bottle for him.

"Toshi-kun—here—drink some water."  

Nao handed it to the ace. Ushijima then took it, opening the lid. 

"Thank you." He replied after drinking the liquid. He began to wipe the beads of perspiration on his face using his hand. Nao saw the latter dripping with sweat, the moisture running down from his olive-locks to the side of his cheeks. She instinctively proceeded to take a towel and started to dab it on his face. 

"You know—Wakatoshi—you should use a towel, not your hand."

The Fuji lightly chastised him, continuing to wipe the sweat that was trickling on the surface. She pressed the thick cloth to absorb the exuding moisture. While Ushijima, on the other hand, pivoted his stare to her—a subtle curve on his lips. 

Nao put the towel on the side of his forehead, it was then that their eyes eventually met. 

Ushijima moved to grasp her hand that was holding the cloth, closing his eyes to feel her warmth.

"I could get used to this—Nao-chan." He spoke in a quiet and tender manner, then looking at the person before him. 

"Hmmpyou better not." Nao hastily replied while trying to suppress the blush on her cheeks. "You're already old, you can do this on your own."

The Shiratorizawa ace shook his head in denial, sweeping a strand of her hair. "I know, but what can I do? I think I'm already used to this—used to you."