━━SANJŪNI

THE CHIRPING OF THE BIRDS GREETED HER AWAKE

THE CHIRPING OF THE BIRDS GREETED HER AWAKE. She gazed through the window. It was now in the middle of the day. She woke up a little later than usual.

Nao then stretched her limbs, yawning in the process. She began to keep her futon in the dresser, before preparing to exit her room.

It was surprisingly noisy outside. She looked at her clock. The time was already past the schedule of their practice.

Don't they have one?

Nao pondered as she had opened the door. She was then welcomed with the sight of Tsukishima. His face was the first thing that she had seen today. And that, somehow, dashed her hopes of a good morning. Not with his smug, irritatingly complacent smirk.

"I see. Your Highness is finally awake."

Nao began to fold her arms together, tilting her chin.

"Why? Do you need something?"

The girl asked in a grating manner. Tsukishima then widened the annoying curve on his face. He pushed his glasses with his index finger, observing the latter.

"My, Joōsama's sharp as always." He told her, trying make it sound like a compliment, but Nao knew better. "Fuji-san asked me—and you—to go on an errand together."

Tsukishima then handed her the note that her grandmother had written. Nao took it, scrunching her eyes to read what it was.

"Why you—of all people?"

"—And why not?" Tsukishima countered immediately. "Pray tell."

"You already know the answer." Nao responded, giving him a smile. "Tsukki."

The tall middle-blocker perceived his face heating up at her nickname. Nao saw this and she felt the upward turn of her smile broadened.

"I'll be back so wait for me, alright—Tsukki?" She held the handle, about to close the fusuma.