━━GO

THE BALL BEGAN TO PROPEL

THE BALL BEGAN TO PROPEL. It first hit the floor, and then it ricocheted forwards at brisk speed. The gym doors then flung open revealing two people.

"WATCH OUT!"

One of the players loudly warned. Kageyama looked at the hurling ball just in time for him to evade it, ducking quickly. However, the person behind him only saw it once the latter dodged, he was too late to actually do something.

The ball then hit him right above the stomach. His body curling forwards in pain from its force.

"K-Kageyamateme—why did you duck?" He questioned the person before him, he then touched the sore spot where the ball struck.

Kageyama looked at him impassively, but there was a subtle smugness on his face—which then irritated him.

"Oh?" The setter began to ask. "I did not know you were there." Came his short reply, he turned around and left him alone.

The person then gave him a disdainful look, internally cursing him. The other players then came rushing towards him, asking how he was. "Is this not obvious enough?" The latter bluntly told them, still holding his stomach. The hit was actually pretty hard. Whoever spiked that ball?

"Hey—you. Will you be fine?" He heard his coach asked. Ukai proceeded to point at the two second years who were near him. "Nishinoya, Tanaka—the two of you—take him to the clinic now."

Both then nodded. "Yes, sensei!"

They hurriedly helped him up and walked him out. "Hey—take it easy."

"Don't complain! Do you want to get treated or not?"

"Yeah. But you're making it worse because you're rushing me." He retorted back, gritting his teeth. He could not believe why these two knuckleheads were chosen to take him instead.

"Coach." Ukai looked behind and saw one of his players. "Do you think he'll be alright? We all still need to practice, especially him. He's been lagging lately."