9

Harry sat on the side of the guest bedroom with a vibrant red rose in his hand.
He was twirling it slowly and seemed in deep thought as he did so.

Hermione opened the door and raised an eyebrow.

"Happy birthday Harry... why haven't you come down yet?" "Had some stuff to think about." Harry was barely audible but Hermione heard him and sat beside him. "You don't seem so happy about this rose.. yet it's still more vibrant and gorgeous than the last." "Of course I'm not exactly happy. If Riddle finds out about this rose he'll take it too." Hermione frowned and hugged Harry. "I know how much you loved those roses." Harry sat the rose on the night stand.

"Let's go. People will wonder where Hermione Lestrange the lost Lestrange princess went." "Very funny." Harry smiled and Hermione took his hand.

They walked into the living room and Draco put Hermione on his lap.
Harry sat in a chair across from them.

"Catch Potter." Harry caught a book and read: How to get rid of scars 101.

"Oh that's so sweet Malfoy. Do you still have your ferret book? I bet Hermione needs to read it and get a full understanding about you." Dracos eye twitched as he kept the smirk up. "Well scar head at least I know how to dress." "Your hair says otherwise." "Prat." "Git."
Hermione shook her head as they continued to throw trash words at each other.

Tom walked into the room to see Harry standing on the coffee table with Draco in his face.

"You don't even know how to come to class on time." "Yeah because your better? Let's go over how many times you've skipped defense against the dark arts to be with Hermione." "At least I have someone." "To make you feel better about yourself." "Take that back Potter." "Why? Did I hurt your feelings?"
"You two are acting like children." "Shut up Tom! This doesn't include you!"

Draco and Harry went back to fighting after that and Hermione buried into her hands. Toms eye twitched.
He had never been disrespected as much as Harry has given. Telling him off and everything was... unforgivable.

"Your impossible potter! No one can handle you!" "I don't coward in front of a man!" "Yeah your insane that's why!" "You ran away in the forbidden forest! And left me alone! I don't want to hear it!" "That thing was drinking unicorn blood!" "Doesn't mean you take Fang!" "It's your fault for not running with me!" "My fault?! We were supposed to find the damn thing not let it out of our sight!"

"How did they get to that?" "What are they even talking about?" Tom sighed in annoyance. "For detention in 1st year Harry, Ron and Draco had to go into the Forbidden Forest and find a creature. Draco and Harry went with Fang and Ron went with Hagrid. Long story short a centaur saved Harry." Tom sighed and pulled Harry off of the coffee table.
"Stop acting like a child!" "I am a child! How about you go send a rose to your love?!" Harry pushed Toms hand away. "You are impossible you know that?" "Your the one who took what was mine!" "Get over that already!" "Get over your mate already! Obviously you won't find them!"

Harry stomped off after that and Hermione sighed.

"He didn't mean that. Harry says mean things when mad or irritated." Tom clicked his tongue and walked away.
"I hate your friend." Hermione rolled her eyes. "He is right though. Maybe you should stop gelling your hair." Draco rolled his eyes and laid on her lap. "My hair is fine." "It would be easier to grab though." "What?" "Nothing." "Sure." Hermione smiled and Draco sighed.

Tom burst through Harrys guest room door and glared at him.

"You speak to me with such disrespect. I should've killed you in the graveyard." "Than you do that."
Toms eye twitched and he walked up to see Harry twirling the exact rose he had sent off with Hedwig. "Where did you get that?" "Oh so now your nice. Want to take this one too?" Tom sneered. "Tell me." "Why should I?"

Tom took the rose and Harry glared at him.

"Tell me where you got this rose." "Tell me why your such an arse."
Harry looked away and Tom accidentally broke the stem. Harry looked back and clenched his fists.

"It's one thing to take my roses but it's another to break them! If you wanna know so bad then Hedwig flew in and handed it to me! She's been doing the same thing since last year!" Harry took the rose and walked out.
"Fucking breaking it. These are the only presents except for Hedwig I care about."

Harry put the rose in his robe gently and hid in the garden, the place was secluded but beautiful.