13

A dark figure stood over Harry who was peacefully sleeping in the boys dorm.

Suddenly someone screamed and Tom looked over his shoulder to see Ronald Weasley panting heavily.

"Just a nightmare." Ron nodded. "Yeah right.. just a nightmare." "Tell the spiders off." "Right right. Spiders no."
Ron laid back down and began to snore again. Tom looked back at Harry who had somehow subconsciously told Ron to calm down.

He leaned forward, his lips only inches away from Harry's slightly parted ones.
Tom could feel as Harry's breath hit his lips and sighed deeply.

He stood straight again and Harry shifted to his side, the covers almost completely off of him.
Toms eyes trailed and he found himself staring at Harry's visible stomach as the brunette practically hugged his pillow.
His eyes trailed again and he landed on the black band.. though the band seemed worn down.

Chips of the band were gone and scratches were spread on the surface.

'He must be picking at it.' Tom thought and grazed his fingers over Harry's lightning scar.

Harry swatted his hand away and Tom looked annoyed.

"He acts the same even in his sleep."

The boy dorm door opened and Tom looked over to see Hermione who seemed scared.
She walked over and he stepped out of the way, the shadows hiding his presence.

"Harry." She shook his lightly. "Harry." Harry shot up and looked over, grabbing his glasses. "'Mione what are you doing?.. why are you crying?" "I-I had a nightmare."
Harry sighed and moved. Hermione got under the covers and cuddled into him.

Toms eyes softened when he saw Harry comforting Hermione as if he's gone through this.

".. what was the nightmare about?" Hermione stayed quiet as Harry ran his fingers through her hair. ".. it was about Dumbledore stealing my brother and I."
Toms hands clenched.
"What happened?" Hermione sniffled and hugged Harry's midsection. "Dumbledore casted the killing curse and it hit Harry... he held his forehead so I couldn't see if he had a scar but he did because the curse had hit him.."

Tom froze.
He had always thought he caught Harry in time. He had thought Harry held his forehead subconsciously. He didn't think his mate would have actually lived through the killing curse.

"A-after that everything went dark.. I don't know what happened afterwards but I know Harry lived through the curse like you." Harry nodded. "Your brother seems strong." "He was a troublemaker like you. Always so full of smart remarks and would push mothers buttons." "Why do you think he did that?" "Because our father is a jokester." "Someone isn't a troublemaker for no reason 'Mione." "Harry only got our fathers personality though." "Well maybe he felt left out of something." Hermione shook her head. "Father and mother were always with us.. even the dark lord was with him when he had the time."
Harry laid down and Hermione laid on his chest.

"You sure it was always you two getting the attention?"
That caught both, Hermione and Toms attention.

"Toms busy. Bellatrix and Rodolphus are also busy and tried make time as much time as possible... that's why I think your brother put you first. A big brother or elder sibling subconsciously or not always puts their siblings first.. even if it means they aren't exactly happy all the time."
".... You think he caused trouble to get attention?" "Mm. At first.." "What do you mean at first?" "When you cause trouble it's fun. You feel like you won't get in trouble and feel free... people crave to feel free... I think that's how your brother felt." "Your acting as if you've put others first.. like you had a younger sibling." Harry chuckled. "Nope. I'm an only child."