24

"Today will be the day for the 6th years and 5th years!"

Everyone cheered.
Dumbledore lowered his hands for them to quiet down.

"Professor McGonagall will call you to the stool! When you hear your name please come forward!"
Everyone clapped as McGonagall stood beside the stool with a scroll and the sorting hat on the stool.

....

"Hermione Lestrange!"

Hermione looked at Harry nervously and he smiled. She stood and walked over, sitting on the old brown stool.
McGonagall placed the hat over her eyes and it didn't take long for the sorting hat to decide.

"Ravenclaw!"

Harry cheered with the others and Hermione smiled, walking over to her new house table.

"Ronald Weasley!"

Ron smiled like a fool and practically ran up. He sat down and McGonagall placed the hat over his eyes.

Once again it didn't take long.

"Gryffindor!"

McGonagall removed the hat and Ron sat back down in his seat. Seamus and Dean chuckled while smiling.
Almost everyone in Gryffindor had stayed in Gryffindor.. except for the exception of a few.

"Harry Potter!"

Harry stood and everyone went silent. Just like first year, each table (mainly Gryffindor and Slytherin) were hoping to get famous Harry Potter who had made his name known in and out of Hogwarts in the wizarding world and not just for him being the "boy-who-lived".

Harry sat down and McGonagall placed the hat over his glasses.

"Oh Harry Potter~. I have been waiting to search your mind again~.. though it seems there are more memories.. more accurate memories...
What house?"
"Once again you succeed my expectations~. Hmm~. Gryffindor or Slytherin~? Gryffindor or Slytherin~?"

Everyone waited nervously as the hat talked in Harry's mind. They were impatient like 1st year...
But than the hat shouted.. though it became disappointing to many.

"Slytherin!"

Hermione smiled.
Harry was definitely a Slytherin and everyone knew that.

The Slytherins cheered and made sure to rub it in Gryffindors face. The Gryffindors on the other hand were shocked. They had thought they would get Harry Potter once again... but it seems like they were wrong.

George and Fred were the only ones to cheer for him along with the Slytherins and Hermione. Everyone else was in shock.

Harry walked over and sat beside Draco who smirked.

"Welcome to the dark side golden boy." "We are not in Star Wars." Theodore smirked. "And does it look like the golden boy would actually be golden if he was in Slytherin?" Harry wiggled his eyebrows and some snickered at Theodore annoyance.

Dumbledore didn't like this.
He knew now that the spells and restrictions had worn off.

Harry was not supposed to be in Slytherins. Harry's true nature was unleashed but he didn't know how... or when.

Dumbledore watched as Harry fit right in with the Slytherins and seemed to make some acquaintances.
Harry acted the same. Joking, smiling, laughing... but to Dumbledore there was something more. The glint in Harry's eyes showed more than he understood and that made him feel uneasy... Dumbledore never felt uneasy.

"Oh~ Harry~!"

They looked over for Harry to be jumped onto.

"I can't believe your actually in Slytherin." "I can't believe your not following your house." Hermione rolled her eyes. "I wanted to say congrats." "Ah! Than thank you Ms. Lestrange!" Harry bowed and Hermione rolled her eyes.
They went their separate ways and Draco rolled his eyes.
"She's my girlfriend." "And my best friend. I win." Harry stuck his tongue out and Draco rolled his eyes.