Chapter 16

Sienna's POV

When I was about to walk into our mansion, Charlotte called me behind me. Her voice was strange.

"Lottie, what happened?" I asked, worried as I saw her face. Her eyes were red from crying.

"Sienna..." She muttered as she approached me quickly and hugged me tightly.

"What happened? Why are you crying?" I asked, concerned as I hugged her back, caressing her back tenderly.

"I... Nathan..." She mumbled, sobbing.

"Come on. Let's talk inside." I suggested as I pulled back and gave her a compassionate look.

"Are your parents home?" She asked, wiping her tears with the back of her hand.

"No, they aren't. Don't worry. Troy and Liam aren't home as well." I informed as I wrapped my arm around her shoulder, leading her towards the door.

She collapsed onto the stairs and held her head between her hands, starting crying.

"Lottie..." I mumbled, concerned and sat down beside her on the stairs. "What happened? You are scaring me." I asked anxiously and stroked her hair gently.

"Nathan... He broke up with me." She sobbed, wrapping her arms around her legs.

"What?!" I looked at her, shocked.

"He told me... he no longer wanted to continue our relationship. And suggested being just friends." She resumed between sobs. "Sienna, I still love him so much." She burst out crying and hugged me.

"Oh dear. Don't cry, please. Everything will pass." I stroked her back, trying to calm her down.

"Charlotte? Why are you crying?" We pulled back as we heard Romeo's worried voice.

"I..." Charlotte sobbed, wiping her tears with her hand.

"Who made you cry?" He asked, concerned as he bent down beside Lottie, resting his hands on her knees.

"Nathan broke up with me." She mumbled, looking down.

"I will kick his ass! How dare he hurt my sister." Romeo stated angrily, clenching his fist.

"No, Romeo! Please, don't intervene. We will handle it between us." Charlotte refused, giving him a begging look.

"But..."

"Please." She pleaded, resting her hand on top of his hand.

He breathed deeply and nodded. "Fine, but if you need anything, just come to me. Even for asking me to beat the shit out of him." Romeo said, cupping her cheeks. She nodded. Romeo gave her a sympathetic smile and hugged her.

"Thank you, Romeo." Lottie said, giving him a sad smile.

"I am always by your side, sis." He placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

I looked at them affectionately. As much as Romeo acted a real jerk most of the time, he had a golden heart.

A bad boy with a good heart.

I walked out of my room, closing the door behind me as Charlotte fell asleep.

"Is she okay?" Romeo asked as soon as I closed the door.

"Better. She is sleeping." I sighed and folded my arms over my chest.

"Good. Please, look after her till I come back." He asked in a serious tone.

"Where are you going?"

"To talk to someone... if I don't change my mind and beat the shit out of him." He replied between gritted teeth, clenching his fist without looking at me.