Chapter 34

Sienna's POV

"Good evening, Sienna. How are you?" Romeo's father greeted me warmly as he walked into the living room.

"Good evening. Fine. And you?" I gave him a warm smile.

When he wanted to answer, his phone rang.

"Excuse me." He said apologetically and picked up his phone.

Romeo, Charlotte and I sat down on the couch while he was talking with his father on the phone. We were nervous because Romeo told Charlotte and me that the detective was going to call his grandpa to inform about Samantha's patient records.

"Oh... yeah... Fine..." Asher sighed, rubbing the back of his neck while pacing back and forth in the living room slowly.

Romeo held my hand nervously while watching his father.

"What happened? Did he get the records?" Romeo asked impatiently as soon as his father hung up his phone.

He breathed deeply as he took a few steps towards us and rested his hand in his pocket. He nodded and said, looking at Romeo. "She is really pregnant."

Romeo's POV

I looked at my father in shock as he told us what the detective said.

No, it can't be possible. No!

I gulped nervously as my hands got cold. I was sure that she was lying about her pregnancy, but now everything crashed. There was just hope that it wasn't mine. Yes, it couldn't be mine. I was always careful. Yes, condoms weren't 100% effective, but when we dated she was on pills as well. So the pregnancy was out of the question. If... she didn't try to trap me. No, Romeo! Even if she stopped taking pills, you used condoms. Moreover, if she was pregnant with my child, why would she wait for three months to inform me when she knew I was dating Sienna? She wouldn't wait for a second to drop the bombshell, instantly using this opportunity.

I took deep breaths, trying to calm down while my heart was pounding. Meanwhile, Sienna was looking at my father, stunned.

I looked at Sienna nervously without knowing what to do. She opened and closed her mouth, and pursed her lips together, pulling her hand away. My heart sank by her behavior, and panic surged through me.

"No... It isn't possible." I stated nervously and gave Sienna a begging look. She averted her gaze and entwined her hands on her lap tightly, making her knuckles white.

"Son, you just used protection; it could break, or maybe you forgot to use one. I don't know, but in the end, she is pregnant. The detective is still trying to get more details. He will inform us as soon as he finds out." My father said calmly, giving me a sympathetic look.

I held my head between my hands and cursed with my inner voice, closing my eyes. I felt trapped.

"I think you should slowly get used to the idea that you are going to be a father." My father commented, giving me a compassionate look, and squeezed my shoulder. I looked away without saying anything, just praying that the baby wasn't mine.

Suddenly, Sienna stood up, breathing deeply, and went to the garden in quick steps.

"Sienna!" I called her in panic and rushed behind her.

I caught her next to the pool by grabbing her wrist.

"Sienna, I am sorry. I..." I mumbled and shook my head without finishing my sentence, depressed.

"Romeo, you..." She murmured, biting her lower lip, and took a deep breath. "You should take responsibility for your baby." She stated, full of sadness in her eyes.