Chapter 41

Romeo's POV

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and asked, worried, resting my hand on his shoulder. "Is there some problem?"

"No, I work on an important project with Japaneses; so I am busy. Don't worry." He mumbled, giving me a slight smile.

"Well, then, don't worry. Your bro is here now. I will help you to let your hair down." I winked at him and gave him a devilish look.

"Oh no, thanks." Troy shook his head and inhaled loudly. "It didn't end well the last time." He mumbled gloomily and finished his drink in a sip. Then he ordered another one and took off his jacket. He rolled his sleeves up and ran his hand through his blond hair, lost in his thoughts and sipped his whiskey.

"You got a tattoo?" I asked in surprise as I noticed his Yin and Yang tattoo on his wrist.

He pursed his lips together as his jaw tightened, and he sighed, closing his eyes. He rubbed his forehead and replied, running his finger over it, full of sadness in his eyes. "Yeah."

I frowned, rubbing my chin. I didn't know what happened to him, but he had changed since we met in London. I noticed it while we talked on Facetime as well.

"What..."

"Hey guys." Nathan greeted us, interrupting me as he approached us.

"Hi, but I didn't forget how you threatened to kick me out of Stardust yesterday." I scowled, giving him a dirty look.

"Dude, you two didn't give me a choice. On the other hand, you should thank me. Because of me, you managed to talk to Sienna and solve your problem." He commented arrogantly and winked at me.

"Whatever!" I scowled.

He chuckled, amused. "By the way, I am glad you are back. I missed you." He admitted honestly and patted my shoulder.

"Thanks. Me too. Hope you will buy a drink for me. Your special fortune costed champagne, for example." I said arrogantly and gave him a wicked smirk. "The compensation for hurting my sensitive heart yesterday." I added, pretending to be offended, placing my hand on my heart.

He chucked, amused and gestured to the waiter to bring their best champagne.

"You are so generous." I commented mischievously.

"I have a lot of good qualities." Nathan said arrogantly.

"Not enough to let you date my sis again. So don't try to befuddle me with your champagne which costs fortune." I mocked and sipped the delicious champagne.

He cleared his throat and averted gaze, holding the glass in his hand. "Don't talk nonsense! It is in the past." He mumbled and took a sip from his drink.

"I hope so. Since I am back, everyone has acted strangely." I remarked, turning my gaze from Nathan to Troy. He bit his lower lip, averting his gaze. "So I wouldn't be surprised if you two get back together." I added, giving Nathan a suspicious look.

"Romeo! Please, let's close this topic." He stated, annoyed and heaved a sigh.

"Fine, fine. Let's enjoy the champagne." I smirked, emphasizing the word champagne. "To our friendship!" I toasted, raising my glass, and we clinked our glasses.

"It seems you are the one who didn't change at all. Still the same joker with annoying humor." He rolled his eyes, trying to hold his smile.

"Hey, dude, don't hurt my feelings. You know I am a sensitive guy." I pretended to be offended, resting my hand on my heart. He burst out laughing, shaking his head.