Chapter 18

Romeo's POV

I gulped nervously, averting my gaze. I rubbed the back of my neck and replied. "No, Dad."

"Romeo! You know you can talk to me about everything." He said softly, looking into my eyes.

"I know, Dad." I gave him a slight smile. "There is nothing to talk about." I sighed, trying to hide my sadness.

He gave me an unconvinced look and asked playfully, resting his hand on my shoulder. "Is it about 'girls suck'?

I gave him a lazy smile. "I am fine, Dad. Don't worry."

"If you want to talk, I am here to listen to you." He said, squeezing my shoulder slightly. I nodded. "Come on! Let's go inside. You aren't in the mood, and it would be too easy to win." He said arrogantly and winked at me. I smiled, nodding. He gave me a warm smile as he wrapped his arm around my neck, pulling me closer to him, and led us towards the mansion.

Sienna's POV

"Romeo?" My eyes widened in surprise as I saw him in my room when I walked in.

"Why are you avoiding me? Are you afraid of your feelings for me? I know you have feelings for me too." He said arrogantly while approaching me slowly without taking his eyes off me.

"Don't talk nonsense!" I laughed nervously and averted my gaze.

"Really?" He asked seductively as he wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him and cupped my cheek. "You are a liar. I know how you feel." He whispered in my ear confidently, sending shivers down my spine, and stroked my cheek gently. "Why are you still with that prick? You don't love him." He placed a soft kiss on my neck.

"Romeo... Who said I don't... love Justin?" I mumbled nervously while my heart was beating faster.

"Liar!" He gave me a charming smile. "Tell me you want it too." He said hoarsely, rubbing his nose against mine while stroking my cheek.

"What?" I mumbled, trying to control my voice. He gave me his signature smirk and brushed his lips against mine.

I was woken up by my phone ringtone. I sat up on the bed while my heart was pounding. Shit! It was a dream. I was bored with these kinds of dreams. As much as I tried to avoid Romeo in real life, he haunted me in my dreams. On the other hand, I couldn't stop myself from thinking about him.

I breathed deeply and picked up my phone as it kept on ringing. It was Charlotte.

"Are Nathan and Lola close in classes?" She asked as soon as I picked up my phone.

"Nathan and Lola?" I asked, confused.

"Yes, Samantha told me she saw them together at the cafe." She replied sadly.

"And since when do you believe her?" I asked playfully.

She breathed deeply. "I am stupid. But... I have to know if he dates someone or not. It is unbearable." She confessed, full of sadness in her voice.

"As much as I know, he doesn't date anyone. And no, Lola has a boyfriend. So it is out of the question. Probably, Samantha told you to upset you." I said honestly.

"Probably. She is a real bitch." She breathed deeply. "Mom is calling me. See you at the school." She said in a hurry.

"See you." I hung up my phone and threw my phone onto the bed, ruffling my hair. I bit my lower lip as I remembered about today, there was a basketball match at school, and I couldn't avoid Romeo this time.

I breathed deeply, closing my eyes, and pulled the cover away.

Before the match, Charlotte told me that she didn't feel good nor want to dance before informing the other cheerleaders. Actually, I wasn't in the mood too. On the other hand, I didn't want to leave her alone. She still felt bad because of her breakup. However, she insisted on watching the match and asked me not to leave her alone. So in an hour, I was going to see Romeo.

I was sitting beside Charlotte while biting my lower lip nervously. The match was about to start in fifteen minutes. I hadn't seen Romeo yet.

"Nathan is here." Charlotte said anxiously, grabbing my arm.

"Calm down, Lottie." I gave her a sympathetic look and rested my hand on top of her hand, squeezing it slightly.

She looked at Nathan and gave him a bright smile, waving her hand. Nathan rubbed the back of his neck and averted his gaze, walking towards Troy. Charlotte's smile disappeared at his attitude. She sighed, depressed as sadness crossed her features. I gave her a compassionate look, squeezing her hand.

Suddenly, I noticed Romeo walking towards his teammates while looking around like he was searching for someone. As soon as he saw me, he gave me a boyish smile. I bit my lower lip nervously, looking at him while trying to ignore my heartbeats which accelerated.

I sighed, ruffling my hair, and tried to look at anyone, but not at the captain of the team, who was talking to his teammates now.

Don't think about him, Sienna! You have a boyfriend, who is a good boy, who treats you well, not like him. A jerk who kept annoying you in every possible way all your life, despite the fact that he is devilishly handsome; his smile makes your heart flutter. And you can't stop thinking about the kisses you shared with him and his confession. And no, you didn't miss him.

Who do you fool, Sienna? You are attracted to this irresistible handsome jerk. And you freaking missed him.

Everyone started applauding as our team won after Romeo's jump shot. Even Charlotte's mood changed for the better. I was applauding cheerfully, looking at our team while the boys surrounded Romeo gleefully. I should admit, he played very well; his shots were perfect.

After the coach congratulated the team as well as tapped Romeo's shoulder proudly, Romeo walked towards the bench as his eyes found me, making me lost in them.

My expression changed instantly as Samantha threw herself into his arms happily. I gritted my teeth in annoyance while the bitch was still hugging him. It didn't help me to know that a few weeks ago, Lucia saw her leaving the changing room with disheveled hair before Romeo. On the other hand, Samantha had been telling her friends that it was a matter of time for Romeo and her officially getting back together again.

Romeo looked at me uneasily as he grabbed Samantha's arms, and pulled them back. I looked away without wanting to see them together; I didn't want to stay here more than a minute and watch her trying to get into his bed again.

"I will wait for you outside." I told Charlotte and left without letting her say anything.

"Sienna!"

I stopped as I heard Romeo calling me. I breathed deeply, closing my eyes, and turned around, facing him. He rushed towards me.

"Why did you leave abruptly?" He asked, panting, and rested his hands on his hips, trying to control his breaths.

"The match ended, and I left. Why should I stay? And how did you even notice it? Last time I checked, you were so busy in the arms of your ex. Or next?!" I said bitterly.

He raised his eyebrow in amusement, and the corner of his lips curled up. "Are you jealous?"

I rolled my eyes, folding my arms over my chest. "Don't talk nonsense!"

He smirked as he took a step towards me. "She is just an ex as you told yourself. And my next is here, looking at me, totally mad at me while trying to strangle me with her furious gaze if it could be possible." He stated, amused, making me speechless. He placed his hand on the back of my neck, pulling me closer to him, and smashed his lips against mine, kissing me feverishly.

After getting rid of my surprise, I rested my hands on his chest, trying to push him back, but he tightened his grip around my waist while his hand still rested on the back of my neck and deepened the kiss. A moan escaped from my lips as he bit my lower lip. I wrapped my arms around his neck as I responded to his passionate kiss.

"You are a fool; you still don't understand that it is just you." He said hoarsely as he pulled back slightly and leaned his forehead against mine, still holding me against his body. "Sometimes, you make me mad, but this stupid heart still wants you. Just you."