Chapter 2

~Stella's POV~
After I cleaned the loft I called Dawson to see if she wanted to come.
Dawson: "hey Stella, what's up?"
Stella: "hey, are you busy?"
Dawson: "No, I'm home alone, Casey's doing a construction job, I think he said Kelly was helping him?"

Stella: "yea he is, you doing anything?"
Dawson: "no, I'm just bored. What about you?"
Stella: "yea same; I've just cleaned the loft, I'm bored too now, you wanna come over?"
Dawson: "yea sure! Give me 20 mins and I'll be there."
Stella: "Alright, see ya."

~Dawson's POV~
I hung up the phone with Stella. And went to Matt and I's room to my side of the closet. I checked the weather. It was 55 degrees F. Made sense since it was mid-September. I put on black leggings and an oversized Burgundy sweater.

I got into my car and started driving to Stella's house. I called her and asked her if she wanted me to pick up some coffee from Starbucks. She said yes so I headed there and ordered.

"Hi, can I get a venti iced caramel macchiato with extra cinnamon and whipped cream, and a venti strawberry refresher with a splash of strawberry drizzle?" I said, I was getting cold and realized I had the air on.

"Of course anything else?" Said the worker.
"No thanks!"
"Ok! Your total is $16.21 at the next window!"
"Perfect thanks!"

I got the drinks and left. I texted Stella if she ate lunch yet and she told me no. She said that we should go out to eat. I decided to just get McDonald's instead of just going out to eat. I'll just get some fast food so we could eat and watch a movie. I pulled up to the drive thru.

"Hi, can I get 2 double quarter pounders with extra cheese, each large with cokes."
"Of course, is that all?"
"Yes."
"Alright ma'am, your total is $16.46 at the 2nd window."
I picked up the food and got to Stella's house.

~Back to Stella's POV~
It's been 45 mins since I called Dawson. I got a little worried. I was about to call her when I heard a knock at my door. It was Dawson. And her arms were full. She just said "let's eat and watch a scary movie!!!"

I was surprised and laughed. I was excepting her to come and for us to drive to some restaurant in town. We got all the food set out on the coffee table and put on a sort of scary movie. We watched As Above So Below. When the movie finished it was only 4:30pm. We didn't really know what to do after the movie so we were just talking about last shift.

"Dawson, remember that call that we got at like 7pm, and it was that oven fire because that lady left a chicken in there and she forgot about it and went to shower? And she came out in just a white towel that was covered in black soot?"

"Omg yes, that was crazy! The lady just ran to Brett and was like, 'omg I left my chicken in the oven! I have guests coming over in 2 hours!' She's lucky only the kitchen got damaged."

"Yea she is" I started noticing that Dawson was getting tired. It was understandable, she didn't really sleep last shift, that floater that we had last shift kept bugging her.

"Dawson... Gabby... you good?" She couldn't keep her eyes open and started drifting off. I took the drink out of her hand and got off the couch and made her comfortable.

"Stella, ...I'm ok... let's play a game or something.." She was so tired. I just shushed her to told her to get some rest.

❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥