Chapter 10

Kelly and I walked into Med. I walked up to Maggie.
"Hey Maggie, can we be seen by Dr. Manning?" I asked Maggie.
"Yea sure.. what for? You guys ok?" She questioned us.
"Yea, I.. I just found out I'm pregnant yesterday, we just want to make sure everything is good." I told her.
"Aww, omg congrats guys! You can go to room 5. I'll page Dr. Manning for you guys!" She told us excitedly.

We got into the room and Natalie (Dr. Manning) came in 5 minutes later.
"Hey guys! I heard some good news, but is it true?" She asked as she started to turn on the ultrasound machine.
"Yup! We just wanted to make sure everything was good and we just want to ask you some questions." Kelly and I told her.
"Sounds goods! So it looks like you're 8 weeks.. baby looks good, and heart beat is strong. Looks like your due in April! You guys can come back in 4 weeks to find out the gender! You might start experiencing nausea and pregnancy hormones. Now what we're your questions?" Nat told us.
"Well, I was wondering if I could stay on truck for one more week, which would only be 3 more shifts. And then I could go on ambo for the rest of the time?" I explained to her.
"Well, as long as you aren't doing more work than you are doing right now, you can be in truck for one more week, then you can definitely be on ambulance until mid march, by then you'll be 36 weeks. And you should start taking it easy when it comes to that time." Natalie explained.
"Stella, taking it easy? Never" Kelly laughed. We all laughed and Natalie agreed.
"Anything else?" Natalie asked as she was cleaning up the gel off of me.
"Yea, do you think you could prescribe me with some anti-nausea meds" I explained to her.
"Yea, but you can actually just go to CVS and the pink and blue bottle of gummies called 'no mo nausea' should help, I've given it to many patients and it's all helped them a ton. And it's easier to get rather than coming here and getting a prescription." She explained. We agreed to try those meds. We left and went to CVS to pick up the meds.

-next day-
Kelly and I woke up to our alarms, before I could shut mine off, I ran into the bathroom. A minute later I heard both our alarms shut off and Kelly knocked on the door. "Hey, you ok?" He asked me.
"Yea, I'm good!" I said as I cleaned my face in the sink.
We both got dressed and headed to shift.
I walked to my locker while Kelly went to his quarters. I saw Dawson.
"Hey! So what's the verdict about work?" She asked me.
"I can work on truck for the next week. And after that I'm on ambo! I'm 8weeks right now!" I told her quietly.
"How have you been?" She asked me.
"My hormones haven't been acting up yet. But the morning sickness has been no joke." I said laughing.
"When are you telling everyone else?"
"Well, Kelly and I are gonna head to tell Chief now, to see if he will let me be on ambo starting next week. And we will tell everyone else the day I switch. Chief will announce that I will be on ambo. And then when everyone is questioning why, Kelly and I will announce it! I'll start maternity leave around mid March, because at that time I'll be 36 weeks!" I told her as Kelly came in.
"Hey, let's go tell Chief before briefing starts." He told me.

We walked into Chief's office.
"Severide, Kidd, what can I do for you both?" He asked as we walked in.
"Well, we have some news..." Kelly told him.
"Well.. spill it." He said.
"I'm pregnant!" I told him. His face lit up.
"Stella Kidd get your ass over here! Oh my god, Oh my god! This is so great! Congratulations to both of you!" He said.
"Thanks! Natalie told me I could stay on truck for the next week. And then she said I could be on duty until mid March. So I was thinking I could go on ambo starting next week. By then, I can't do any heavy lifting, so Chili and Brett could do the lifting, and I could help Brett work on the patients." I explained to him.
"That sounds good to me, anything else before briefing starts?" He asked.
"Well, we wanted to tell everyone about us during next week's briefing, when I have to switch. You could maybe just say something like 'from today to whenever she decides, Stella will be working on ambo.' And then when everyone is confused and questioning me, Kelly and I will announce it." I explained.
"Sounds great, congrats again, see you in briefing!" He told us as we headed out.

❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥