Chapter 9

I started crying.
"Omg, omg, omg, I-I'm pregnant!" I yelled.
"Haha, I told you!!!" Gabby yelled back at me.
"How should I tell Kelly??" I asked Gabby.
"I don't know...but shouldn't you do it before next shift? I don't think you can be a firefighter while pregnant. Look how hard our job is..." Gabby told me. And like always, she was right.
"Yea, but, what would I do? There's no spots on ambo, and OFI has more people than needed. And I really don't want a desk job..." I really wanted to keep working.
"Well, you know when your pregnant, you shouldn't lift anything too heavy. You could be on ambo, but any heavy lifting, Chili and Brett would have to do that. So it would be perfect. And you are a more qualified EMT than Chili is. So it's perfect." Gabby told me. Her idea was perfect.
"Ok.. but you think I could maybe stay a firefighter for 1-2 more weeks? And we can tell everyone at the house when I have to switch over? Because I don't need anyone worrying me and not letting me doing anything.... I'm looking at you." I asked Gabby. And I laughed. I remember when our old friend was pregnant, Gabby was basically her servant, she wouldn't let her do anything.

"Um.. I guess? But I really think you should at least tell Kelly. You can't hide this from him, not something this serious. But, Stella, you have to be even more careful now for these next 2 weeks. I really think you should check with Dr. Manning about this, or at least only be on truck for the next week, not 2." I could tell Gabby was not ok about me being on truck while pregnant. I told her I'll only be on truck for the next week. She reluctantly agreed.

Now, how do I tell Kelly?
"Well, how are you going to tell Kelly?" Gabby asked me excitedly.
"I was thinking that I could buy a t-shirt that could tell him?" I told her.
"Omg yes! I saw a shirt in target that said 'mini firefighter coming soon!' It would be perfect!" Gabby said so happy. It was perfect! It was 4pm. We headed to target and got the shirt.

We came back to Gabby's house and I put on the shirt. It's fit me big, they only had bigger sizes. But it was good because that means I could wear this for a majority of my pregnancy. Me and Gabby got dressed and straightened our hair.

We decided to head back to my house. Kelly and Casey were there. We decided that Gabby and Matt should be there when I tell Kelly. (And Matt) I called Kelly.
Kelly: "Hey Babe, how you feeling?"
Stella: "I'm good! Me and Gabby are headed there now, we can cook dinner and hang out for a bit!"
Kelly: "Sounds great! Glad you're feeling better! See you! Love you!"
After I hung up with Kelly, Dawson and I got excited about telling Kelly.

-At Stella and Kelly's house-
We got into the apartment and Kelly and Casey were sitting on the couch, drinking beer. Me and Gabby walked in. "Hey guys." We said. "Hey babe!" They both said.
"Matt come here." Gabby said as me and her were standing in front of the couch. I took Casey spot in the couch and unzipped my sweater. Gabby was laughing and smiling. It took Matt and Kelly a second to get it.
"OMG. OMG. OMG!!! You're pregnant???!! I'm gonna be a dad?" Kelly asked, he was on the verge of tears.
"Yea.." I said already crying. Me and Kelly both kissed. Matt went over to us. He hugged me and Kelly. "Congrats guys! You'll be awesome parents!"
"Thanks man!" Kelly told him, smiling from ear to ear.

We had dinner, and hung out with Matt and Gabby for about before they left. After they left we both got in bed.
"Hey babe, how would you feel about me staying on truck for one more week? Me and Dawson were talking about that I could be on ambo with Chili and Brett. Since I can't really do any heavy lifting, they could help with that. And I'm a more qualified EMT than Chili, so it works out for everyone. We have to talk to Chief about that, but I think we could make it work." I explained to him. I could tell he wasn't too keen about the idea of me being on truck.
"Well.. since Casey knows, he will know not to get you to do anything too difficult. And I like the idea of you still being able to work. But we should check with Dr. Manning tomorrow, just to make sure everything is alright with the baby. When do you want to tell the rest of the house?" Kelly said.
"Yea, it's great that Casey, you and Dawson know. And I was thinking about telling everyone else when I have to switch from truck to ambo. You know how nosey and how many questions they ask. During briefing that day I switch, Chief can announce that I will be switching to ambo for a bit, and then when everyone starts questioning, me and you can announce it. So we should tell Chief next shift. So he's aware. And we can go to Dr. Manning tomorrow to ask her if I can even go to work." I explained to Kelly.

-next day-
I woke up to Kelly kissing me.
"Hey beautiful, we need to start getting ready if you want to go to see Dr. Manning today." He told me as I was waking up.
"Ok... I love yo-" I started to say, then all of a sudden I got super nauseous and ran off the bed into the bathroom. Kelly followed behind me and kept my hair out of my face.
"I'm sorry that you feel this way, we'll see if Dr. Manning can give us some medicine for the nausea." He was so sweet. I love him.
"Thanks babe, we should definitely see." I said as I started to get up to wash my face.

We got dressed and headed to the appointment.

❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥