Chapter 28

-later that night-
~Stella's POV~
We just got home from the firehouse. It was about 5pm.
"Stella.. you- you gotta give me some answers." Kelly told me as we laid down on the couch.
"For....?" I asked him.
"What happened in there? Why didn't you want that guy to go to jail? How did you text me? Why were you crying when I got in?" He asked me.
I explained everything to him. I got tears in my eyes because it felt like I just relived one of the scariest time of my life.

"Listen... I am so sorry that I wasn't there to protect you. I am sorry about what that guy said. I love you and am so happy you didn't get hurt. I'm happy that no one got hurt." He told me.
"It's just.. crazy..." I told him. Looking down at my stomach.
"What is?" He asked.
"Before we got serious.... I would go into calls and burning buildings thinking nothing of it. Thinking I had nothing to worry about... but now... whenever I hear the bells go off, I just think to myself... my whole life could be gone in a split second... I actually have someone I want to make it out of those buildings for. I have someone I want to see when I make it out of those fires. I have 2 people that I have to be careful for." I told him tearing up. "I-I can't loose you. And she can't loose us." I told him crying.

"Listen to me. Nothing is ever going to happen. We are always safe on those calls. Sure sometimes we screw up, but guess what? We have always bounced right back. I love you. And remember what I told you on our wedding night. 'I don't know how long we'll have together, but let's start with forever.' Ok?" Kelly told me. He kissed me on the forehead and wiped my tears away.

~Next shift~ 1pm
Dawson, Brett, and I were standing by the coffee maker talking about a call we just had.
All of a sudden Otis came running into the common room.
"Guys! I signed us up for the polar plunge next week!" He said excitedly.
"Isn't that the thing where you swim in Lake Michigan in the middle of February?" Mouch asked him like he was crazy.
"Yes! We basically just compete with people to see who can stay in the water the longest. It's for a charity event. The longer people stay, the more money gets donated." He explained.
Everyone reluctantly agreed to do it.
"Stella, Gabby? You guys in?" He asked us.
"I'm pretty sure the judges are not going to let a 7 month and 5 month pregnant woman swim into ice water." Gabby laughed.
"No, I meant you guys could film us!" Otis said.
"You want us to film you guys basically torturing yourselves?" I joked with him.
"Well.. it's for charity." Otis laughed.
"Alright.. fine." Gabby and I said.

-Day of the plunge-
"Stella! We're going to be late!" I heard Kelly from the living room.
"Give me a minute!" I yelled angrily.
"What's going on?" He asked me as he walked into the room seeing half my closet on the floor.
"It's like all of a sudden my bump grew 5 inches in the last week. Nothing fits." I groaned. Throwing my head into his chest in defeat.
"You will look fine in anything, Babe." He kissed me on my head. "But for real though, we're going to be late" he joked. I hit him on the head before pushing him out the door.
I finally got something on and got dressed in leggings, one of Kelly's hoodies, and my ugg boots.

We got to the plunge and I met up with Dawson at the spectator booth. She wasn't wearing much either.
"Your cold too right?" She asked me.
"Yup." I said.
"We should've worn mare layers..." she said.
"Definitely... I spent like an hour trying to figure out what to wear. Literally nothing fits anymore." I told her.
All of a sudden we heard them go in. We started filming them. But Dawson and I were shaking so bad.

~Kelly's POV~
We got into the lake and it was super cold. We were in the water for about 10 minutes before Casey told me. "Hey, Gabby and Stella are looking like ice over there, we should go check on them."
I nodded. We got out and went over to them.
"You good?" We asked them. They both nodded.
"You're freezing, aren't you?" We asked them. They both nodded once more. Casey and I laughed. We got changed into dry clothes and decided to get lunch.

~Stella's POV~
We got to the restaurant with Matt and Gabby.
"So, you guys got a name picked out for baby bug yet?" I asked Gabby.
"Yea, I'll make you a deal." She told me. She whispered into Matt's ear. He nodded then she looked at me.
"We'll tell you baby bug's name, if you tell us Baby B's name." She told me.
Me and Kelly looked at each other.
"Well, we are these kid's godparents so I guess should tell each other the names." Kelly laughed.
"Alright you go first." Matt told us.
"Baby B's name is... Brielle Elizabeth Severide." I said.
"Omg that's so cute!!! You gave her Shay's middle name?" Gabby said so excited.
"Yes! Now your turn!" I told them.
"Alright, baby bug's name is .... Alyssa Blaze Casey." She said.
"Aww! Omg! I knew you were gonna name her something with an A!" I told her.
"Wanna know something funny? Last week, before that whole thing.. before Severide left for that call. We were outside smoking some cigars, and we were talking about the babies' names. And... when Severide asked me if we had a name picked out. I told him we did. But that Gabby would probably kill me if I told anyone. She'd go all psycho on me." Matt laughed. Gabby hit Matt on the shoulder.
"Want to hear about someone going psycho? Did you guys hear about the car ride when we took Chili to Med?" Gabby asked.
"Gabby. Rlly?" I laughed.
"Yes! I'm telling this! So basically, when we were taking Chili, Stella was driving. I was in the passenger seat, and Brett was in the back seat with Chili. Chili was arguing with us the whole way, and when Brett tried to calm her down, she tired to hit her. And then Stella's hormones kicked in and she yelled at Chili. We all got scared of her for a second." Gabby laughed. "When I told Dr. Charles about it, she got even more mad at me." She kept on laughing.
"What did you even say?" Kelly asked me laughing.
"I think I yelled something like "hey! Cut that out! Even though I'm pregnant, I'm still not afraid to kick some ass!' And I remember getting tears in my eyes because I just got a wave of hormones. And then when Gabby told Dr. Charles I guess I got mad at her and yelled at her. Even Dr. Charles told me to calm down!" I laughed.
"I remember you said 'hey! I wasn't THAT bad! She couldn't hurt one of us if I didn't step in. And I was driving so give me some credit!' Girl you were so crazy that day!" Gabby laughed.
"That does sound like you though." Kelly joked. I flicked him on the head.

❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥