Chapter 11

After briefing, Mills started on breakfast.
"What's for breakfast, Mills?" Cruz asked him.
"Hash brown bowls. It's basically a bunch of hash browns, cheesy eggs, sausage, bacon, peppers and onions mashed up into one big bowl." Mills explained.
"That sounds really good! Hopefully we'll be able to eat before our first call!" Cruz joked around, just as the bells went off.
Truck 81, Squad 3, Ambulance 61, Engine 51, Person in distress. 2157 South Amboy St.
"Way to go Cruz!" Everyone joked around as they started to get their gear and loaded in the trucks.

-at the call-
We went into a warehouse full of metal canisters. There was no fire. But there was a guy being crushed by one of the canisters.
"Help me!" The guy yelled.
"Sir, my name's Matt, what's your name?" Matt told him as he assessed the situation.
"Greg" said the guy.
"Alright, it looks like we got a barrel full of... liquid nitrogen... man, container has to weight at least 800lbs." Casey explained as he looked at what we were dealing with.
"Captain, he's developing crush syndrome," explained Dawson. Brett and Chili weren't here yet.
"Alright, Squad, truck, let's lift this off him, engine, you pull him out." Casey explained, just right before we went into position, he asked me. "You think you can do this?"
"Yea, we are all taking a bit of weight, so it shouldn't be an issue" I told him.
We lifted the canister off of him. Brett and Chili got there just in time as Engine pulled the guy out. The guy ended up fracturing his leg, and a few broken ribs.

-back at the house-
"Cruz, shut your mouth until after breakfast!" Herrmann joked with Cruz. We all laughed.
After breakfast, all of a sudden a got of a wave of pregnancy hormones. I held my tears back enough to grab Dawson's hand, and told her to come with me. We went to the bathroom.
"What's wrong?" She asked me. Seeing that I was crying.
"I-I don't know... I just got hit with a wave of- of I don't know.." I told her.
"Aww, baby, come here.. remember, it's just pregnancy hormones." She explained to me as she hugged me. After about 5 minutes I got calmed down, my eyes weren't puffy or red anymore. So we headed back out to the common room.
"What's up with you and Dawson lately.. you guys are very sneaky.." Cruz joked around with us.
"None of your business, ok?!" I yelled at him. Turns out, my hormones didn't fully calm down, only the sadness part did. After I yelled, Cruz and everyone looked at me shocked. I just sat down, and opened up a magazine.

-later-
It was 4pm. I got super tired and went to Kelly's quarters.
"Hey, how you feeling? What's wrong" he asked as he turned away from his paper work to see me.
I sat on his lap. "Nothing, I'm just super tired." I said laying my hand on my flat stomach.
"Well, that's understandable." He laughed. "Want to lay here for a bit, while I get some paper work done?" He kissed me on the head.
"Yea. Sure" I said sleepily. I went onto his bunk. I was able to sleep for 20 minutes before the bells went off.

-after shift-
Kelly and I just got home from shift.
"How was shift?" He asked me. I spent most shift with Dawson because it was slow for truck.
"Eh, I threw up like 5 times, and my hormones went out of control yesterday." I told him.
"Yea, I saw you lash out at Cruz," he laughed.
"I can't wait to just tell everyone, because we have to be so sneaky. But I don't want them babying me." I explained to him.
"It's ok, two more shifts and we can tell them." He told me as we went to go lay down.

-Day of Stella's switch-
I put on my ambo uniform. Kelly, Chief and I got to shift earlier to plan out the announcement. We got some sonogram photographs, and the t-shirt I wore to tell Kelly and Casey. "Ok, so I was thinking that we could pin these on the board and you stand in front of them. Then, you could just say something like 'Stella Kidd will now be working on ambo for a while' and then when everyone is questioning me, you could move out of the away, so they can see the sonogram and t-shirt." I explained to Boden.
"That sounds great!" He told us.

We got everything set up. Kelly went out to tell everyone to come to briefing.
"Ok, I only have one announcement today. Starting today, Stella Kidd will be riding with ambo." Boden said.
"Wait, what, why??" Everyone said super confused.
Boden moved out of the way. It took everyone a second to get it.
"Omg, congrats!" Everyone came up to me and Kelly.

-3 weeks later-
Today I was 12 weeks, and we will find out the baby's gender. I think it's a girl, but Kelly thinks it's a boy. We made a bet that whoever is right gets to pick the name, but the other one gets to pick out the nursery theme. As I got dressed I noticed something.
"Omg Kelly!! Come here!" I yelled.
"What?? What's wrong??" He came in worried.
"Look! I started showing!" I showed him.
"That's our baby in there" he said smiling putting his hand on my stomach.

-At Med-
"Alright, ready to find out the gender today???" Natalie came in excitedly.
"We sure are!" Kelly said.
"What do you guys think it is?" She asked us.
"I think a girl." I said.
"I think it's a boy." Kelly said.
"You guys have some type of bet going on?" She told us laughing.
"Yea, whoever is right gets to pick the name, but whoever is wrong gets to pick out the nursery theme" Kelly explained to her.
"That sounds like fun! Well.. it looks like baby is a..."

❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥