Chapter 12

"It looks like baby is a...girl!!!!" Natalie said excited.
"Omg omg yes!!! I knew it! Ha!" I yelled at Kelly.
"We have a little girl on the way." He said with tears in his eyes.
"I know, I know we do." I said, now crying.
"Congrats you guys! I'll go print some photos out for you!" Natalie said as she cleaned me up.
I hugged Kelly. "This means I get to pick out the name" I whispered in his ear. He laughed, "I get to pick out the nursery theme!" He whispered back.
"What do you have in mind?" I asked him.
"It's a surprise!" He told me laughing.
"I love you" I said before I kissed him.
"I love you too babe," he said smiling.

-back at home-
"How should we tell the house?"Kelly asked me.
"Maybe we put it off. We should tell them in a couple months? We could come up with something then!" I explained to Kelly.
"That sounds good! It's gives us more time to come up with a better plan!" He said agreeing.
"I already have a name picked out." I told him.
"Already??? What is it?" He asked me.
"Yea, I've always wanted to name my daughter this. Brielle Elizabeth Severide." I told him with tears in my eyes, these hormones are crazy.
"You want her to have Shay's middle name?" He asked me.
"Of course. I knew how much she meant to you. Dawson always tells me how much happier you have been with me since she died." I told him.

~Kelly's POV~
I loved the name Stella picked out for our daughter. I loved both these girls with all my heart. What Stella doesn't know is that I'm going to have the nursery a firefighter theme. Since Stella and I are both firefighters. There is one more thing I wanted to do, but I just didn't know how to do it. I'm going to propose to her. I want to be with Stella for the rest of our lives.

~4 weeks later~
~Stella's POV~
Today I was 16 weeks. Everything was getting tight on me now.
"Good morning beautiful" Kelly said as me woke me up.
"Good morning my love." I said as I woke up. I felt something. "Ooh Kelly, look!" I said grabbing his hand and placing it where Brielle was kicking. "Does it hurt?" He asked. "No not really, it just feels a little weird." I smiled. We got up and got ready for shift.

-At shift-
Me and Dawson were in the locker room.
"How have you been?"she asked me.
"Good, my morning sickness hasn't been too bad, but some days it still is. And my hormones have been all over." I told her. Just then Brett came in.
"Stella this box came for you." Brett told me, handing it to me.
"Oh, finally!" I said excited.
"What is it?" Dawson asked me, curious.
"New uniforms! These are getting way too tight." I told her.
"I can't believe you're actually going to be a mom soon!" Brett told me.
"Me either!" I said.
"Can we know the gender yet??" Brett begged me.
"No, Baby B's gender is a secret until me and Kelly decide." I told them. Me and Kelly decided to call Brielle 'baby B' when we were around ppl. Plus, it's fun to mess with them. They don't know if the B is referring to B for boy or The first initial of her name.
"Ugh.. fine" Brett finally said.

I changed into my new uniforms. And we headed out to the common room. We didn't see Chili.
"Where's Chili?" I asked Brett.
"I don't know.. Chief asked me the same thing." She told me. This was the 5th time in a row that Chili was late. Out of the corner of my eye I saw her walking quickly to the locker room. Avoiding everyone. I told Dawson and Brett. We quietly walked into the locker room.
"Hey Chili..." Brett said.
She jumped. "Hey guys!" She said but wouldn't look at us.
"Chili, you ok?" Dawson asked her.
"Yea, yea I'm fine." She said, we could all tell she's lying because her voice gets super raspy when she lies.
"Chili, can you please look at me." Brett asked.
"Can I just shower before our first call?" She said walking fast towards the showers. Brett ran in front of her and her face was just pure shock.
Dawson and I went in front of Chili. She smelled like Weed and her eyes were bloodshot red. "Chili, are you using again?" Brett asked her. We all knew she had a problem with drugs in the past. It was something Chief warned us about, but she's been clean for 5 years. Or so we thought I guess.
"It's just a little..." she said. She wasn't standing straight and swaying back and forth.

"Chili, you can't work right now. Ok? Go home. If Boden finds out, you'll be in huge trouble." I told her.
"Boden's not gonna find out!" She yelled at me.
"I'm not gonna find out about what??" Boden walked in. Chili turned around without even thinking and Boden's face got red with anger.
"Chili, what were you doing? Why were you late again??" He asked her trying to stay calm.
"I've just been... busy. But it's nothing.. I'll just shower and be ready by our first call." She said. She was high out of her mind. She kept tripping on her own feet and slurred her words.
"No you won't. Go home, better yet, go to Med. tell them you need to go to rehab. I'll put the ambo out of service for now, Dawson, Brett, and Stella will take you." He told us.
"What, no I don't... -I don't need to." She tried arguing.

"Let's go!" Brett, Dawson, and I said. Brett handed me the keys to her car, while Her and Dawson took Chili out through the back, so no one saw. We went to Brett's car. I drove, Dawson was in the passenger seat, and Brett and Chili were in the back.
Dawson, Brett and I all looked at each other worried.
We all knew Chili was basically just fired. We headed into Med.

❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥