Chapter 40

~Kelly's POV~
I woke up to someone shaking my shoulder.
"Kelly, Kelly... can you please wake up?" I heard Stella say.
"Yea... what's up Stell?" I asked. I looked at my phone, it was 4:13am.
"I keep having cramps and I've been getting more and more nauseous.." she told me, she grabbed my arm as another cramp came. She's been getting super nauseous lately. Nat told her it was normal since she is due soon.

"Do we need to go to the hospital?" I asked her as I sat up, putting my hand on her shoulder.
"They don't feel right.. I don't think so... they aren't hurting enough for me to think they're real.." she told me.
"Are you sure? We can go. Just to be safe." I told her.
"No.. I think we'll get sent home like last time." She told me.
"But are they getting close or bad?" I asked her.
"Not really.. they aren't close or consistent, but they are a little strong, but I think it's because she's growing a bit more..." she said.

"Have you had anymore? Like before you woke me up?" I asked her.
"They weren't too bad when we went to bed, so I didn't say anything, then I got woken up by one like an hour ago, then I got a couple softer ones when I woke you up. They haven't really stopped.. but they don't feel as bad." She told me. Then a really bad one hit and she groaned and grabbed my arm.
"Babe.. I really think we should go..." I told her.
"No Kelly... I don't think we need to.. the bad ones aren't consistent.." she told me.
"Well..want me to at least make you more comfortable?" I asked her.

"Can you?" She looked at me begging. She was exhausted.
I put some pillows under and by her back, then I got her close and wrapped my arms around her. I put one hand on my bump.
"You ready to come Brielle?" I asked smiling.
"Maybe she is." Stella laughed.
"We'll know soon enough." I chuckled.

-2 days later-
~Stella's POV~
"Stella? It's 3am... what are you doing here?" Casey asked as he saw me walk up to the firehouse. He was sitting outside smoking a cigar.
"Is Kelly here?" I asked him.
"They just went out on a call about 20 minutes ago.. why?" He asked confused.
I whined and leaned against the wall, throwing my head back.
"I heard about your false alarm the other night.. is it those again?" He asked me, putting his hand on my shoulder.
"Yea it is... I'm pretty sure their fake...but they still hurt. And he won't be home for another 5 hours..." I told him.
"When are you due?" He asked me.

"Next week" I told him putting one hand on my stomach as one came on. And one hand on my head.
"I've been cramping so much all day and I've been so nauseous. I can't keep any food down or anything and the pain just won't stop..." I said.
"Listen... calm down...why don't you come inside and lay down in his office? He should be back soon." Casey told me, he helped support me and took me to Kelly's office.
"Gabby actually here, she was hanging out here earlier, then she didn't want to go home. Want me to get her?" He asked me as I laid down in Kelly's Bunk.
"It's fine.. don't wake her up..." I told him.

~Matt's POV~
I know Stella is freaking out and stressed. I decided to get Gabby, she would calm Stella down. I went into my office and saw Gabby awake.
"Hey... what are you doing awake?" I asked her.
"I just got back from the bathroom.. why were you in Casey's quarters?" She asked me.

"Stella's here... she's really stressed out.. she keeps getting those fake labor cramps. She's laying down in Kelly's bunk right now.. I'm gonna call Kelly, can you maybe calm her down?" I explained.
"Yea, of course.. call Kelly... I'll go calm her down." She told me as she went to Stella.

I got my radio and tried to contact Kelly.
"Severide, do you copy?" I said. There was no answer.
"Cruz, do you copy?" I asked.
"Yea, Captain, what's up?" I heard Cruz in my radio.
"Severide with you?" I asked
"Hey Case, I'm right here, what's up?" Kelly said into my radio.
"Stella's here."
"Is she ok?"
"She came about 10 minutes ago.. she keeps having those false labor pains... she thinks there fake but she's really stressed out and wants you. Gabby's with her now."
There a pause before Severide spoke again.
"Tell her I'll be right there." I finally heard him say.

~Gabby's POV~
I walked in Kelly's quarters and sat at the edge of the bed, rubbing Stella's back.
"Kelly?..." I heard her ask.
"No sweetheart, it's just me.. what wrong?" I asked.
"I've been having those false labor cramps... and my back aches so much... I just want Kelly.." she told me.
"Don't worry sweetie, he'll be here soon ok?" I told her.
"I told Casey not to wake you... I'm sorry." She said.
"No hun, I was already awake, I just didn't know you were here..." I told her. I kept rubbing her back and she soon fell asleep.

Matt came in after 5 mins
I put my finger up to my mouth, telling him to be quiet.
"How long?" I mouthed.
"10" he mouthed back.
I nodded and stayed with Stella until Kelly came back.
Once Kelly came back I asked if he was good and left the room.

~Stella's POV~
I was in pain. Then I felt someone grab my waist.
"Babe?" I asked sleepily.
"Yea baby, I'm right here.. don't worry.." I heard Kelly say. I snuggled into his arms and felt safe once more.
"It's all hurts..." I told him as I felt another pain go through my body.
"I know baby... I'm sorry... just try to relax and get some rest... you can stay here tonight and we can leave in the morning together." He told me, giving me a kiss.

At around 6am I woke up in an empty bunk and thought Squad was on a call.
I was awake for about 5 minutes when I heard the door open.
"Hey my love." Kelly said as he walked in.
"Hey" I told him. "Is everyone out on a call or something?"
"No, we're all in the common room just chilling.. but I wanted to check on you... how you doing?" He asked me.
"I think I'm doing better, let's go to the common room." I told him.

After Kelly's shift we went back to the house.
After about 2 hours I started to get the pains again.
"Kelly! Can you please come here?" I called from the living room.
"Yea? What's wrong?" He came out of the bedroom.
"I'm getting them again, and they're hurting a lot now..." I told him grabbing a couch cushion to squeeze to ease the pain.
"Natalie said walking around can ease the pain.. wanna try that?" He asked me.
"Yea sure..." I said. He helped me up and helped me walk around the loft. I felt a huge pain and had to stop walking.

"Are you ok?" Kelly asked me worried.
"Yea.. yea it's just... feels like a lot of pressure." I said, then I heard a gushing noise and looked down.
"Uhhh... babe?" I said looking down.
"Call Natalie, I'll get the hospital bag." He told me. I called Natalie. I was gripping onto the kitchen counter.
Natalie: hey Stella, how are you?
Stella: um... I don't know.. my water just broke.. and my contractions are about 10 minutes apart.
Natalie: Ok! Stay calm, relax, and come to Med right away...
Stella: alright.. see you then!

I hung up with Natalie, then I got another contraction and yelled out for Kelly.
"Kelly! We have to go now!" I yelled out.
"Let's go have baby!" He yelled out as we got out the door.
I stopped him before we went out.
"What, what's wrong?" He asked.
"Let's go have a baby..." I smiled, knowing that our baby girl could be born in just a few hours from now.

-in the car-
I was gripping onto Kelly's hand the whole way there. I was groaning in pain as the contractions kept ripping through my body.
"We're almost there baby, hang tight." Kelly got my hand and kissed it.
"I don't care if we get a speeding ticket, just get us there fast please..." I said, breathless from the pain.

-at med-
We finally got to med, Natalie and some nurses were waiting with a wheelchair.
I got wheeled into med and got put in a room.
"Alright Stella, you're about 6 cm dilated. Could take a few minutes, or a few hours till you reach the full
10, do you want the epidural?" Natalie asked.
"Yes plz..." I asked her. I was in so much pain already.

I got the epidural and then waited in the room for a couple hours.
"How're the contractions now?" Kelly asked me as we were sitting in the room.
"I can barely feel them... but we should call Casey and Gabby. They'll want to know that their goddaughter/ niece is going to be here soon." I told him.

After about 2 hours Natalie came into the room again.
"Alright Stella, looks like you're the full 10 cm! Ready to have a baby?" Natalie asked.
"This is it." I teared up and held Kelly's hand.
"She's about to be here..." Kelly told me back with a smile.

After about 45 minutes of pushing, I heard the most beautiful sounds. Brielle's cries.
"Healthy baby girl! Here cutie, go with mama." Natalie said as she handed her to me.
"Hi Brielle. I'm your mommy." I cried as I got to hold her on my chest.
"We did it." I looked into Kelly's eyes.
He gave me a kiss on the forehead.
"YOU did it baby, I'm so proud of you." He told me.
We admired our beautiful little girl.

❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥