Chapter 46

Brielle is now a little over 2 years old.
Alyssa just turned 2.
~Stella's POV~
Kelly and I have been awake for about 2 hours getting ready for shift.
"Kelly! Stop!" I laughed. Kelly was tickling me as I was trying to get my hair ready for shift.
"You look fine! Now come here!" He said as he picked me up from behind and threw me on the bed.
"Kelly stop! You know I have a cold! I don't want to get you sick!" I told him.
"You won't! Now come here!" He said as he kept tickling me and kissing me.
"Kelly stop! You're gonna wake up Bri!" I whispered as I tried to fight me from tickling me.
"No we won't..." he told me as he kissed me.
"Momma?" I heard Brielle call from her room.
"See?" I told him as I got up.
"Fine, fine... you win." He said as I went to her room.

I went into Brielle's room.
"Hi honey! Good morning! Are you ready for a another fun day at Auntie Cindy's?" I said as I picked her up and got her dressed.
"Momma work?" She asked me as I got her dressed. She saw I was in my uniform.
"Yea, momma and daddy are working today, but we will see you tomorrow morning ok?" I told her, giving her a kiss.
She got a little upset and started to cry.
"Listen baby, you will get to see Ally and Auntie Cindy today! Maybe Auntie Cindy will take you to the firehouse later." I told her. "You love going to Auntie Cindy's"
"What's wrong?" Kelly asked as he came in.
"She's a little upset that we have to work today.." I told him, rocking Brielle back and forth.

Kelly got her bag ready and we dropped her off at Cindy's.
"Hey guys!" Herrmann said as he opened the door.
"Hey! We're just here to drop her off, then we're headed to shift. Shouldn't you be leaving? We're all about to be late!" Kelly said looking at his phone.
"Ooh yea! I just dropped the kids off at school, Casey and Gabby came by earlier to drop off Alyssa, Cindy's upstairs with her, let me take Brielle up, I'll meet you guys at the firehouse." He told us taking Brielle.

We left and went to the firehouse.
"Good morning everyone, no announcements for today. Let's have a great shift and save lives today." Chief said when he walked in.
After briefing, Dawson and I were by the coffee maker talking.

"Ally did not want to go with Cindy today.. I don't know why, she loves going over there... this morning she was super clingy and crying.. Cindy had to lure her in with a cookie." Gabby told me.
"Really? That's weird, she loves going there. Brielle was a little upset when she realized we had to go to work. She saw I had my uniform on." I told her.
"It's nice that Cindy works from home, so she can watch the girls." Gabby told me.
"Yea! Because or else we'll have to pay a bunch of money for daycare!" I told her.
"Ahem to that." Gabby laughed.

"Hey, I'm gonna get something from my locker real quick." I told her. She followed me.
I took out a bottle of DayQuil.
"Are you sick?" Gabby asked me.
"Yea, a little, I think I caught a cold.. Brielle had one 2 weeks ago." I told her.
"Is it a cold or the flu? Cuz you mix those up all the time." Gabby laughed.
"I can never tell, I always get the same symptoms for each. Just body aches, tiredness and a little nausea." I told her.
I drank some medicine and we went back to the common room.

A little while later
Gabby and I were on the apparatus floor, doing inventory on the truck. Then Cindy came with the girls.
"Hey guys! Listen, I'm so sorry, but I have to meet someone and I can't reschedule!" She said handing the girls over to Gabby and I.
"It's fine! We'll see you later!" Gabby and I said as we took the girls.
"Hi my baby!" I told Brielle.
"Mommy!" She yelled out.
Gabby and I took the girls into the common room.
We put them down and they ran to Kelly and Casey.
"Hey! What are they doing here?" Kelly and Casey asked us.
"Cindy had some plans she couldn't cancel, so we have them for a bit." I explained.
"Who is going to watch them when we're out on calls?" Gabby asked me.
"Connie can." I told her.

Gabby and I went to Connie.
"Hey Connie." I told her.
"Hey, what's up?" She asked.
"We have the girls here, Cindy dropped them off because she had plans she couldn't get out of. Can you watch the girls when we go out on calls?" I asked her.
"Yea sure!" She said.
"Thanks! You're a life saver!" I said.

A little while later Cindy came over to pick up the girls.
"Bye girls! We'll see you tomorrow ok?" Gabby and I both told the girls as they left.

It was now 3am.
I was doing something on my computer in Kelly's office. Then Gabby came in.
"Hey Stella?" She asked me.
"Yea?" I asked.
"You got a pad? I ran out." She asked me.
"Yea sure, let's go to my locker." I said getting up.
I opened my locker and got out a box of pads.
"Wait... these are new..." I said.
"And...?" Gabby asked me.
"Didn't I... wait... it can't be...." I whispered to myself.
"Care to tell me what's going on?" Gabby asked me.
I looked at my phone and was in pure shock.
"It's July 7th..." I told her.
"I'm still not following..." gabby told me.
"Um... don't worry about it.... I need to check something out..." I told her, I gave her the box of pads and went to find Kelly.
I saw him at the squad table playing cards.
"Hey, babe?" I asked him.
"Yea? He asked me, not looking.
"I need you, can we go to your office for a minute?" I asked him.
"Can we do it in a minute? We're in the middle of a game." He told me.
"No Kelly.. now." I told him.
"Ooh someone's in trouble!" Capp laughed.
"Shut up!" Kelly said throwing his cards at him.
Kelly and I went to his office.
"What's up babe?" He asked me.
"Ok.. so I was in here doing some stuff on my computer.. then Gabby came in here and asked me for a pad. I went to my locker and gave her one.." I told him.
"Ok... and what wrong...?" He asked me.
"When I grabbed the box, I noticed the box was new and had never been open...then I looked at my phone." I told him.
"Stella, I'm still not following..." he told me confused.
"Kelly... I'm almost 2 months late..." I finally told him.
"What...? No.. really?" He asked me.
"I- yea... we won't know anything until we take a test... shift's over in 5 hours... we can go pick up Brielle, go home, and figure all this out then... but right now, we shouldn't worry about it..." I told him.
"Ok... do you think you are...?" He asked me.
"I- maybe... maybe it's not a cold I've had for the last week and a half..." I told him.

When shift was over we picked up Brielle and went to go have Breakfast.
"Let's go to that diner up on 5th street." I told Kelly as I got Brielle in her car seat.
"Ok. Let's go." He said as we drove.

"Hey. For 3?" I asked the hostess as I held Brielle on my hip.
"Of course! This way!" she grabbed some menus and led us to a table.
As we sat down Kelly and I talked.
"Listen... when we get home, I'll take a test, no matter the results... I still want to see Natalie because those tests can be wrong sometimes.." I told him.
"How do you know they can be wrong?" He asked me. "It was right with Bri."
"Gabby told me when she tried to see if she was pregnant with Alyssa, the test said negative, but a week later, she still felt sick, so she went to Natalie and she was pregnant. The test told her she wasn't pregnant, but when she took the test, she was already 8 weeks pregnant." I told him.
"Oh ok, yea, we should go to Natalie just to make sure." He told me.
"Mommy color!" Brielle yelled out.
"Shh. Ok baby, let's color." I told her grabbing a crayon and coloring on her little placemat.

After we had breakfast we went home and I took a test.
"Whatever the results are.. remember, we won't know for certain until we see Nat." I told Kelly putting the test face down on the table.
"Yes babe I know..." he told me. Giving me a kiss.
After 3 minutes the timer went off and I flipped over the test.
I looked at the test.
"What is it?" Kelly asked me.
"It's...

❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥