Chapter 94

-Time Jump-
Severide Kids:
•Brielle Elizabeth Severide: 12 years old; 7th grade
•Addilynn Kay Severide: 10 years old; 5th grade
•Jaxson Kelly Severide: 8 years old; 3rd grade
•Greyson Benjamin Severide: 8 years old; 3rd grade
•Oakley Rae Kinney Severide: 4 years old; pre-k

Casey Kids:
•Alyssa Blaze Casey: 12 years old; 7th grade
•Layla Shay Casey: 10 years old; 5th grade
•Oliver James Casey: 8 years old; 3rd grade
•Mason Spencer Casey: 4 years old; pre-k
•Madison Raymond Casey: 4 years old; pre-k

~Stella's POV~
Today was bring your child to work day.
Only Gabby and I are bringing our kids. Herrmann's kids didn't want to participate. But we actually never participated in this because anytime this day was, we never worked. But this year we finally worked on this day.

We were getting ready.
"Mom! Have you seen my phone?" Brielle yelled out from her room.
"I think the kitchen was the last place I saw it!" I yelled back.
"Hey, you almost ready? We have to leave in 10 minutes." Kelly asked as he walked into our room. He just got Oakley ready.
"Yea, just doing my hair." I said. I put my hair back into a low bun.
"Mommy, are we going to school today?" Oakley asked.
"No honey, 1, it's a Saturday. And 2, it's bring your child to work day. So you are gonna come to the firehouse with mommy and daddy!" I said.
"Really?! Yay!" She said.

"Mom I still can't find it!" Brielle yelled.
"Kelly, can you call her phone?" I asked him.
He called her phone and she finally found it.
"Hey mom, don't you guys work like 24 hour shifts?" Jaxson came into our room.
"Yes we do, why?" I asked.
"Are we staying the whole 24 hours?" He asked.
"That's the plan. The Casey kids will also be there, so you guys will have them to be with when we're on calls. But, we have blow up mattresses that we'll set up and you and the Casey kids will all sleep in the bullpen." I said.

"Cool. Can we go on calls with you guys?" He asked.
"Uh, absolutely not." I laughed.
"Whyyyy?" He asked.
"Because it's very dangerous." I laughed.
"Let's go, we're gonna be late." Kelly said.
"You guys each have a small bag packed right?" I asked the kids.
"Yes." They all said.
They each had a small little book bag, they each had an extra outfit and a PJ, along with toothpaste and toothbrush.

We've been at the firehouse now for a couple hours. The kids have been behaving. They've all just been hanging out in the bullpen.
Gabby and I were in the common room, talking about stuff.
"Alyssa always keeps saying she wants to be a paramedic. Like she keeps asking me when she can apply and when is the earliest she can apply." Gabby said.
"I started the academy right after high school. And we were in the same classes. But we learned a little bit different stuff obviously since you were trying to become a paramedic at the time." I said.
"Yea, but she's so adamant about becoming a paramedic. It's honestly adorable." Gabby laughed.

"Yea, Brielle wants to be a firefighter so bad. She keeps asking Kelly to take her to the academy. She had a bully who said that girls can't be firefighters, and I kid you not, Bri really said. 'Well, incase you didn't know, both my parents are Lieutenants in the CFD. So don't come crying when your house burns down, cuz I'll tell my parents to lock you in a closet and let you burn in there.' Like she is so my daughter!" I laughed.
"Omg that does sound like her though! Can you imagine when they're older, if they actually get to work here when they're older?" Gabby said.

"Mom, our internet is slow, what's the wifi password?" Brielle and Alyssa came out.
"Um.. go ask Connie, she usually has all that stuff on file." I said.
"Where is everyone?" Alyssa asked.
"On the App floor." Gabby said.
"Hey, everyone is doing drills, gear up." Cruz came on the common room.
"Can we watch you guys?" Brielle asked.
"Yea sure, just don't get in the way." Gabby laughed.
"It's like when they were little.. remember?" I whispered and laughed.
"Aww yea! When they were like 6!" Gabby laughed.