Chapter 66

A couple days later
~Gabby's POV~
It was Monday morning. Matt and I had shift today, and the girls had school/ daycare today.
Matt and I got up earlier than we usually do, we had to get 4 girls ready instead of two.
We got dressed for shift.
"We'll just do what we usually do. Get them dressed, I'll make breakfast, and then after they eat, I'll do their hairs. Brielle and Alyssa dress themselves, but you have to dress Addilynn and Layla." I said as we got ready.
"Ok, what are they eating? So I know how much time I have." Matt asked me.
"Oatmeal" I said. "It should only take about 10-15 minutes to make."
"Ok, it's 6:50. I'll wake up the younger ones. And you wake up the older ones." Matt said.

I went into Ally's room to wake up Bri and Ally.
"Girls, you have school today, can you please wake up?" I turned on the lights and gently shook them awake.
They got up and I got their clothes out for them to wear.
"Get dressed and come out when you are ready for breakfast." I said as I walked out.

I was in the kitchen making breakfast. When I was about to be done, Alyssa and Brielle came out and sat at the island.
"Hey girls, thank you for getting ready so fast. Breakfast is about to be done." I told them.
Matt came out with Layla and Addilynn.
I served them all and they all ate quickly.
"Babe, can you make sure all their bags are good while I do their hairs?" I asked Matt as I was about to take them to the bathroom.

I did all the girls hairs and we were out the door.
We dropped the little ones off at daycare.
"Hey! I see you're dropping off Layla and Addilynn today! Add's parents are busy I'm guessing?" Their teacher came up to me as I was dropping them off.
"Oh,... yea they had to run some.. errands before work. Ok bye girls! I'll see you tomorrow when I pick you guys up! Auntie Cindy will pick you guys up today!" I gave the girls a hug and left.

Then we dropped off Bri and Ally.
Matt and I both went inside with the girls.
"Ok girls, have a great day! We'll see you tomorrow after school!" I told them.
"Auntie Gabby? When will mommy and daddy be able to drop me off again?" Brielle asked me.
"Soon pumpkin.. I promise." I told her. I gave her a hug, I looked down at her face in my chest and I saw her upset. She knew exactly what was happening and it just killed me inside.

"Will you check on them today?" She asked me. Her big blue eyes full of tears. She was the perfect little mix of Kelly and Stella. I could see them right in her.
"Yes, I will baby." I told her. I wiped her tears and Ally gave her a hug before heading inside.
Their teacher came up to me because she saw Brielle crying.
"Rough morning?" She asked.
"Yea.. you could say that..." I said. I was fighting back tears until we got to the car.
"A 4 year old shouldn't be worried and scared about her parents dying or not... you saw the way she looked at me with her big blue eyes full of tears." I told Matt.
"I saw... don't worry, we'll check on them on the first call. We'll all go with Ambo on the first call to check." He told me.

When we got to shift and got our uniforms on.
During briefing all I could think of was Brielle's face when I dropped her off.
Her big, sad, blue eyes. Her face streaming down with hot tears.

When briefing was over, I was in the common room with Brett.
"How are their girls doing? Do they know?" She asked me.
"Yea.. they know.. Addie doesn't really understand. But oh my god, when we were dropping Bri and Ally off this morning, Bri looked at me with tears in her eyes, asking me when Kelly and Stella would be able to drop her off again. She's only 4, she shouldn't be worrying about this kind of stuff.." I told her.
"Poor girls... wanna go check on them on the next call?" She asked me.
"Yea, on the next call, Casey was going to make truck go to Med so we could check on them. Bri asked me to check on them today." I told her.
"Well, it shouldn't be too long before we get a call.." Brett said.
Then the bells went off.