Chapter 55

~Stella's POV~
It's now almost noon. We're waiting on Kelly's CT scans and labs to come back. Gabby and Matt took Brielle to their house at around 9am. I wanted her to have a break from all this craziness.
"Why were you guys at the firehouse in the middle of the night?" Kelly asked me.
"Brielle came into our room at like 1am and demanded that we go see you. I told her no and I was super tired. Then she had a huge tantrum and after 5 minutes I gave in. I was done arguing with her..." I told him.
"And then right when you guys came the bells went off? How did she react?" He asked me.
"I begged her to just let us go home, but then she started getting upset again and I was just over it. So we went inside. And then after you all left, we went to your office, and she tried to draw on those documents you had on your desk. Luckily I caught her just in time, I gave her some paper from the printer and some crayons from Boden's office. Then I gave her my phone and after 5 minutes I fell asleep on your bunk." I told him.
"How did you find out what happened?" He asked.
"Gabby called my phone like 5 times, but since Brielle had my phone and I was sleeping, she kept declining the calls. And then Truck came over, and I guess Casey rode with you in the ambo, because he wasn't in the truck. Herrmann and Gabby came in your office, got me and Bri and we came here last night." I told him.
"Well how is my other girl?" Kelly smiled and put his hand on my stomach.
"She's been getting active. She's definitely not as active as Brielle was yet, but I bet she will soon." I chuckled.

After about 10 minutes Will and Natalie came in.
"Ok Kelly, we got your results back. You have no major injuries to your brain or spinal cord. You'll just be bruised for a day or two. Your liver will heal in about 1 week... you can go back to work next week on Friday. That gives you about 1 and a half weeks to heal up." Will told us.
"Ok, so that means there was no damage from the pinched Nerve and Brain bleed?" I asked.
"As of right now, no. But we won't know anything until we check again. So come back in about a month so we can check. You can still work, but the next time you take a hit, we don't know what could happen. You can be perfectly fine with just a migraine, or you can suffer some real damage.." Nat explained.

"All I hear is I can get back to work." Kelly said getting up.
"Babe. No, sit back down." I told him pushing him back on the bed.
"Fine, how long do I need to stay?" Kelly asked.
"We want to keep you here just for tonight, we'll keep you up in the ICU. You can head home tomorrow." Will explained. "But if anything changes we will extend it, just to be safe."
"You know we have to be back here in a like 4 days anyway right?" I chuckled to Kelly.
"Why?" he asked me.
"My 36 week appointment is then. You don't have to come if you don't feel well though." I told him.
"No I'll come." He said.
"We can do the appointment here right now if you want." Natalie told me.
"No, I want to have it on the date we have just in case if anything happens between now and then." I told her.
"Ok, well Kelly, get comfortable you'll be here for a just a bit longer." Will told him.
"Thanks guys... for everything." I told Will and Nat.
"No problem.. let's get you guys to the ICU." Nat said.
As we were walking upstairs I got a Call from Gabby.

Stella: Hey Gab, what's up?
Gabby: Brielle has been asking for you nonstop for the past 15 minutes.... I'm really sorry, but how's Kelly doing?
Stella: he's doing really good. They're going to keep him for another 24 hours just as a precaution. You need me to get her?
Gabby: that's good to hear... I don't think you need to come-....
I could hear Bri talking in background, she was crying. I could hear her saying "mommy, mommy."
Stella: is everything ok?
Gabby: yea, yea. She's just been having a rough morning every since we've been here, Ally's been cheering her up, but Brielle's just been down and cranky. She has been refusing to nap. She's been wanting me to hold her all morning. Ally and her have been watching cartoons. Matt's out doing a construction job right now.
Stella: ok, I'll head over there.
Gabby: you don't have to-
Stella: Gabby, I'm going.