Chapter 30

-Wednesday Middle of the night-
~Kelly's POV-
I was laying in bed with Stella sleeping in my arms. It was about 1am and I was still on my phone. We had shift in the morning so I turned my phone off and was about to fall asleep. When I felt a quick jolt. And heard Stella crying. She was having a nightmare.
"Hey, hey Babe, wake up. Wake up Stell, it's ok." I shook her trying to wake up. She woke up in a panic with tears streaming down her face. When she saw me just got up and hugged me.
"Listen it's ok.. it was just a dream... none of it was real..." I kissed her on her forehead as she cried in my chest.
"But.. it was... most of it..." she said in between sobs.
"What.. how?" I asked her.
"Remember when I told you about when that guy opened my locker and found those photos and said that he would track us down and murder us?" She asked me.
"Yea.. why?" I asked her.
"I- I had a dream that I woke up in a hospital... but I didn't have a bump anymore... only a huge scar... I asked Natalie what happened and she was crying. I asked her again and she said the guy has escaped from the hospital and shot Brielle and you. I was the only survivor...." She said crying hard again.
"Listen to me... that will never happen. Ok? Nothing is ever going to happen to us. It was just a dream. And you are safe." I told her. I kissed her on the forehead again, then on her lips, and stroked her hair as she hugged my chest. She calmed down after 10 minutes and we went to sleep.

We woke up to our alarms ringing. We shut them off and laid in bed for a minute.
"You ok?" I asked her as we were getting up.
"Yea... sorry.. it was just a scary dream." She told her.
"Don't be sorry... it's ok. I'll always protect you." I told her.
We got dressed and headed to shift.

~Stella's POV~
It's been a little slow at shift so far. We all had one call and then ambo had another one. It was already 2pm and Gabby, Brett, and I were in the common room while everyone else was doing drills outside.

"Hey Stella, how many weeks are you? How many do you have left?" Brett asked me.
"I'm 31 and I have 5 left. I'm due towards the end of April but by the 3rd week of March I'll be 36 weeks." I explained to her.
"Dawson, what about you?" Brett asked her.
"I'm 22, I'm due toward the end of July and I only have 5 weeks too. I'm going on leave when Stella does." She told her.
"Wait you are? Who will I have?" She asked confused.
"I'm not sure... but don't worry they will be amazing!" Dawson said. Then we heard the bells.

Ambo 61 person in distress 586 Conan st.
"I'm driving!" Dawson yelled as she ran to the ambo.
"Shotgun!" I yelled.
"Fine, but your with the patient." Brett laughed at me
"Deal." I joked.

We got to the place. We got to a house when some little boy came running out.
"It's my dad, please help him." He told us as he Grabbed my hand to show me.
"What happened sweetie?" I asked him as he went in.
"He was trying to feed buddy. But we aren't supposed to have buddy... he's an illegal pet." The little boy told me.
"Illegal pet?" Dawson asked me.
All of a sudden we heard something. Then a snake came out from the kitchen.
"Omg...." I said.
Brett screamed. She is deathly afraid of snakes.
"What kind of snake is he?" I asked the boy.
"A black mamba" he told me.
"That is a deadly poisonous snake..." Dawson told me.
"What does your dad use to wrangle buddy?" I asked the boy.
"He uses the hook." He told me.
"Can you get me the hook?" I told him. He gave it to me.
"Honey, can you go outside with her? She'll take you to the ambulance, you can ride with us." I told the boy pointing to Brett.
He and Brett went outside while Gabby and I stayed inside.
"You realize how freaked Casey and Kelly will be when they hear about this right?" She told me.
"Yea but we don't have another option, you know what Black mamba venom and can do to a person?" I told her.
I quickly used the hook to guide buddy into a closet.
"Main, this is ambo 61, we need animal control over here. We got a black mamba." Dawson said into her radio.
"Copy that 61, can you stay there until animal control arrives?" Main asked into her radio.
All of a sudden the guy got really bad.
"Negative main. But we will keep the door open. The snake is in the first closet to your left." Dawson said.
"Let's intubate." She told me.
"Pushing midazolam" I said as Dawson got the intubation kit out.
We got the guy stable as we loaded him into the ambo.
"I can stay with the patient in the back, the kid really grew a liking to me." Brett said as we loaded him up.
"Ok. Let's get him to Med." I said.

❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥